IE.au3 UDF and User account.

Joon

I'm trying to access intranet website with IE.au3. This site not opened for everyone so I get a username and password dialog box every time. Everything works if I type in user credential in a dialog box but I can't use it. Because I want to access this website to retrieve the information in a background and dialog box just pop-up in foreground even though IE is hidden.

This there a way to provide to username and password to _IECreate function?

Thank you.

You don't really want to store your username and password in a script. Really.

Does everyone have to put in their username and password to access the intranet, or just you? If your intranet is running on IIS with integrated security, it should already know who you are.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

You don't really want to store your username and password in a script. Really.

Does everyone have to put in their username and password to access the intranet, or just you? If your intranet is running on IIS with integrated security, it should already know who you are.

Intranet doesn't neccessary mean same domain. Also, I have some standalone workstations.

There used to be a supported method of sending username and password as port of the URL, but that was removed in all the major browsers for security reasones some long time ago.

There are two scenarios and your workaround is different for each. In either case you need to use standard AutoIt commands to manipulate the username password box... if AutoIt actually retains control you can look at the "Whack Security Alert" example in the Snippet Database (see my sig, then go to the IE Snippet section). If AutoIt actually stalls waiting for control to return from the browser, you have to use other means that I would prefer not to go into until you know whether the first method works...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

There used to be a supported method of sending username and password as port of the URL, but that was removed in all the major browsers for security reasones some long time ago.

There are two scenarios and your workaround is different for each. In either case you need to use standard AutoIt commands to manipulate the username password box... if AutoIt actually retains control you can look at the "Whack Security Alert" example in the Snippet Database (see my sig, then go to the IE Snippet section). If AutoIt actually stalls waiting for control to return from the browser, you have to use other means that I would prefer not to go into until you know whether the first method works...

Dale

Thank you for the reply.

I have slight problem of running Adlib functions. I'm already using Adlib for some other encounter on my program which I can not just enable and disable for that section. So, my main problem which Adlib is it's stealing other security dialog that not intend for AutoIt program, since IE is using standard Windows security dialog box.

I'm interesting what will be the my second option will be???

Note: I can not use RunAs also, because user credential to access the webpage don't have any access on clients.