Floating Point Error?

Has anyone ever run into a problem where AutoIt causes a problem with floating point? I am trying to use AutoItv3 to automate an install. Basically just am using a bunch of enters and the like to click all the buttons. It runs fine under XP, but i get an error in 2k. It is Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. It corresponds to the following that I got in a hexdump from the setup file.

R6002

- floating point not loaded

<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library<bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>

<bh:00><bh:00>Runtime Error!

Program: <bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>...<bh:00>\<program name unknown><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00><bh:00>

It seems to get through the whole install, but it never finishes. I can tell because after all the enters, i throw in a messagebox. The MsgBox never displays, so I know it is crudding out before it finishes. However I have nothing that would create an infinite loop keeping me from finishing.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

You might try my debugger to track where the script fails with this error. It should be around the last line entered into the debug log since it won't be writing anymore after the script crashes. It could help in narrowing down what is causing the glitch.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

WinWaitActive( "RFC SDK Libraries", "", "30" )
Sleep( 1000 )
Send( '{ENTER}' )

;This message box works
MsgBox( 0, "Test", "testpre c++" )

;This was an attempt to close the error message, but it never works
WinWaitActive( "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library", "", "30" )
Sleep( 10 )
Send( '{ENTER}' )

;This closes the setup completion message, also doesn't work, I'm assuming cause it never loads
;Completion message
WinActivate( "SAPSetup" )
Sleep( 10 )
WinWaitActive( "SAPSetup", "To finish the installation the computer has to be restarted. Restart now?", "100" )
Sleep( 1000 )
;Following lines should be moved to after file copy is done
Send( '{ENTER}' )

;This message box never shows up
MsgBox( 0, "Test", "test" )

That is the end of the code that causes the problems. I'm assuming it has to do with AutoIt because if I run the setup manually, (I.E. hitting enter instead of Send( "{ENTER}" ) it works fine. It (the script) also executes completely in XP. If I clear out the error message and the restart message by hand, AutoIt still sits there running in the corner.

My best guess is a resource conflict between the setup.exe, my AutoIt script, and windows 2k.

The URL has mail in it and the firewall at work blocks any url with mail in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've uploaded the 1.1 zip (see note) to AutoIt's web space if you're still interested in it. Also, if you find it useful, I am working on version 2.0 with proper @error support (debug calls around @error lines) and a new echo feature.

Note: Version 1.1 is obsolete, and has been removed from the AutoIt webspace. If you are not able to access the link provided on my scripts page, feel free to send me an email and I'd be glad to attach whatever projects you would like.

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.