Compile script problem

Easy script to start off... installing firefox. I right clicked on the script and compiled it but when i run the new firefox.exe it doesnt stop opening.... whats wrong?

Script is

; This will install Firefox

run ("firefox.exe")

; Welcome

WinWaitActive ("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "Welcome")

ControlClick ("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "" , "Button2")

; License Agreement

WinWaitActive ("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "License")

ControlClick ("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "" , "Button4")

; Setup Type

WinWaitActive ("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "Setup")

; Finish

WinWaitActive ("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "Completing")

ControlClick ("Mozilla Firefox Setup", "" , "Button4")

true but after i get that to work fine i have a list of other programs that i want to automatically install...

ive been looking through all these posts but i cant seam to find out whats the problem... it just keeps opening the .exe untill my computer freezes because of all the processes...

• Moderators

anyone? some help please?

Do you expect answers 20 minutes apart from posts? You may need to wait days for them, especially for needless bumps.

The only way I can see this thing opening itself over and over is if you named your executable ... firefox.exe :whistle: (and you probably did since you are calling it from the directory you have the compiled executable installed to, and not from where the actual installer probably is.)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

run ("firefox.exe")

I bet for a bottle of beer, you named your script firefox.au3? Right?

EDIT: damn, did not read SmOke_N's post...

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

yea... that was the problem actually... thanks guys..

o.k., so where is my bottle of beer???

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

it depends... how do i import a .reg key?

first i tried run ("regfile.reg") obviously didnt work...

then i changed it to ShellExecute ("regedit /s " & "regfile.reg") but that didnt work either it gives me an error saying it cant find the file. What is going wrong with it?

it depends... how do i import a .reg key?

first i tried run ("regfile.reg") obviously didnt work...

then i changed it to ShellExecute ("regedit /s " & "regfile.reg") but that didnt work either it gives me an error saying it cant find the file. What is going wrong with it?

what has that to do with my beer???

if you know the answer ill give you a beer.... when im 21 and able to get it...?

Sorry, I can't wait for > 10 years !!!

$regfile = "c:\whereever\you\stored\it\regfile.reg"
Run("regedit /s " & $regfile)

BTW: You should look for some better dreams than reading windows registry files !!!!