ERROR: $MEM_COMMIT previously declared as a 'Const'

ddeerr

Hi,

I have a problem when i compile my script it display that :

>"C:\_DSA_\Apps\AutoIt3.2.2.0\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\_DSA_\autoIt\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\_DSA_\Apps\AutoIt3.2.2.0" /UserParams    
+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.5
>Running AU3Check (1.54.6.0)  params:  from:C:\_DSA_\Apps\AutoIt3.2.2.0
C:\_DSA_\Apps\AUTOIT~1.0\Include\A3LConstants.au3(210,61) : ERROR: $MEM_COMMIT previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $MEM_COMMIT                        = 0x00001000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

This variable declaration is comming from a function in A3LListView.au3 (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33677)

Do someone have an idea plz ?

Tx

Edited by ddeerr

Hi,

I have a problem when i compile my script it display that :

>"C:\_DSA_\Apps\AutoIt3.2.2.0\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\_DSA_\autoIt\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\_DSA_\Apps\AutoIt3.2.2.0" /UserParams    
+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.5
>Running AU3Check (1.54.6.0)  params:  from:C:\_DSA_\Apps\AutoIt3.2.2.0
C:\_DSA_\Apps\AUTOIT~1.0\Include\A3LConstants.au3(210,61) : ERROR: $MEM_COMMIT previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $MEM_COMMIT                        = 0x00001000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

This variable declaration is comming from a function in A3LListView.au3 (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33677)

$MEM_COMMIT is defined in A3LConstants.au3, which gets included by A3LListView.au3 and A3LLibrary.au3.

$MEM_COMMIT is also defined in the standard include memory.au3, which gets included by GuiListView.au3, thus it is defined twice. This is a problem with Auto3Lib. You should contact the author PaulIA.

Quick fix: do not include A3LListView.au3

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

$MEM_COMMIT is defined in A3LConstants.au3, which gets included by A3LListView.au3 and A3LLibrary.au3.

$MEM_COMMIT is also defined in the standard include memory.au3, which gets included by GuiListView.au3, thus it is defined twice. This is a problem with Auto3Lib. You should contact the author PaulIA.

Quick fix: do not include A3LListView.au3

Actually, it's not an Auto3Lib problem. If you read the Auto3Lib documentation, it explains that Memory.au3 (which is a modified version of A3LMemory.au3) caused numerous naming conflicts with Auto3Lib because none of the constants or functions were renamed. Auto3Lib includes a version of Memory.au3 that solves this problem and that will be included in a future AutoIt release. The OP just needs to replace the Memory.au3 file with the one supplied by Auto3Lib.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

The OP just needs to replace the Memory.au3 file with the one supplied by Auto3Lib.

there we go. Problem fixed :whistle:

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Actually, it's not an Auto3Lib problem. If you read the Auto3Lib documentation, it explains that Memory.au3 (which is a modified version of A3LMemory.au3) caused numerous naming conflicts with Auto3Lib because none of the constants or functions were renamed. Auto3Lib includes a version of Memory.au3 that solves this problem and that will be included in a future AutoIt release. The OP just needs to replace the Memory.au3 file with the one supplied by Auto3Lib.

I hesitated from replacing memory.au3 library :whistle: