Frekin Error

Hi I'm trying to access the Network connections page Via a shortcut ...

C:\Documents and Settings\ssellars\Desktop\test.au3 (1) : ==> Unable to execute the external program.:

run("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Network Connections.lnk")

I must be doing something wrong ???

any help would be great.... :whistle:

use ShellExecute() instead of Run().

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Will ShellExecute() work on a *.lnk? I couldn't get it to work with...

ShellExecute(@StartMenuDir & '\programs\accessories\notepad.lnk')
oÝ÷ Ù»­¶¬Âäy×â殶­s`¢b33c¶fÆRÒfÆTvWE6÷'F7WB7F'DÖVçTF"fײb33²b3#·&öw&×2b3#¶66W76÷&W2b3#¶æ÷FWBæÆæ²b33²¥'Vâb33c¶fÆU³Ò

@OP: You'll also want to look up "CLSIDs of Special Folders" in the help file to use with ShellExecute().

Will ShellExecute() work on a *.lnk? I couldn't get it to work with...

yes, tested and from help file entry of ShellExecute():

Parameters

filename The name of the file to run (EXE, .txt, .lnk, etc).

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

edit - Also, ShellExecute is returning 1 (success), but it just doesn't start the shortcut's target for me.

I don't know. It works for me. What's your AU3 version?

$source = @WindowsDir & "\notepad.exe"
$shortcut = @DesktopDir & "\Shortcut Test.lnk"
FileCreateShortcut($source,$shortcut)
ShellExecute($shortcut)

$source = @WindowsDir & "\notepad.exe"
$shortcut = @DesktopDir & "\Shortcut Test.lnk"
FileCreateShortcut($source,$shortcut)
ShellExecute($shortcut)
Very strange. That doesn't work for me. It creates the shortcut on my desktop, but ShellExecute doesn't make it go. Both functions are returning 1. But, just double clicking the new shortcut works. :whistle:

Using the final, 3.2.2.0 on XP SP2.

Using the final, 3.2.2.0 on XP SP2.

same here AND notepad pops up. So, I don't know what's wrong with your system...

Just tested it in a system I have setup in a virtual machine and it works... so there's something funky going on with my host OS. :whistle: Guess I'll have to do some comparisons.

do you have any spyware protection/firewall tools running? If so, temporarily disable them and then run the script again.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses .. I just ended up using the direct link

run("explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{7007acc7-3202-11d1-aad2-00805fc1270e}")

that works ...

Thanks everyone for the quick responses .. I just ended up using the direct link

run("explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{7007acc7-3202-11d1-aad2-00805fc1270e}")

that works ...

well, that's something completely different....

Best way to do what you want:

Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL ncpa.cpl")