help with program bring to foreground

finger123

I need some help. Currently, i have a script created by AutoIT v2. The problem that i am running into is that the program that I scripted to run was poorly developed. What I mean by that is that while running the program via the script, the program will generate a dialog box. When this happens, the main program itself falls back into the background and will not come back into the foreground unless you manually click on it. What I have done is that I would send a Alt+Tab command to bring the program back into the foreground. This works well, however, it leads to another problem. The machine that I am running the script and program on runs in parallel with other programs on the taskbar. Sending the Alt+tab command works great if it was the only program running, but has problems when it is not the only program running.

HOw do i send a command to ensure that the script will send a command to bring the program back to the foreground, and issue the commands without it effecting any other programs running on the taskbar? I have looked around, but cannot seem to overcome this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by finger123

I need some help. Currently, i have a script created by AutoIT v2. The problem that i am running into is that the program that I scripted to run was poorly developed. What I mean by that is that while running the program via the script, the program will generate a dialog box. When this happens, the main program itself falls back into the background and will not come back into the foreground unless you manually click on it. What I have done is that I would send a Alt+Tab command to bring the program back into the foreground. This works well, however, it leads to another problem. The machine that I am running the script and program on runs in parallel with other programs on the taskbar. Sending the Alt+tab command works great if it was the only program running, but has problems when it is not the only program running.

HOw do i send a command to ensure that the script will send a command to bring the program back to the foreground, and issue the commands without it effecting any other programs running on the taskbar? I have looked around, but cannot seem to overcome this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

WinActivate
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt