Changing Data Source ODBC **HELP**

I am in the process of developing an installation process to upgrade roughly 600+ remote computers, on site.

I have a majority of file operations like copying files, moving folders, appending to ini files already written using vbscript. My goal is to make this installation process as dummy-proof as possible.

I am now looking to use AutoIt to do the following:

I need to automate removing the startline from one of the datasources and save it.

In addition, I need to change two fields in the BDE Administrator, thru the control panel.

--I am unsure of the best way to attack these using AutoIt.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

sb

--I am unsure of the best way to attack these using AutoIt.

well, the best way would be do describe your problem more detailed (with samples, screenshots, etc.)

1.) What do you mean bey: removing the startline from one of the datasources ??

2.) What is a BDE Administrator. I do have an idea, but I'm eager to hear what you are talking about.

If you provide enough information chances get better to receive an answer!

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

well, the best way would be do describe your problem more detailed (with samples, screenshots, etc.)

1.) What do you mean bey: removing the startline from one of the datasources ??

2.) What is a BDE Administrator. I do have an idea, but I'm eager to hear what you are talking about.

If you provide enough information chances get better to receive an answer!

While looking into how to do this, I was able to come across the registry keys which stored the data that I am looking to edit, for both instances. I have started to look into the registry commands in the script editor, and I do not have enough background to post more questions.

To respond to your questions:

1.) there are datasouces (start-->control panel-->administrative tools-->data sources(odbc)) on these machines pointing to mydb.db. If you click configure on this data source, one of the tabs that come up on this window, has a start line parameter. I need this field, on this form, blanked

2.)BDE Administrator = Borland Database Engine Administrator. For some reason, there are some values I need to change.

Thanks for the quick feedback

I appreciate it.

1.) there are datasouces (start-->control panel-->administrative tools-->data sources(odbc)) on these machines pointing to mydb.db. If you click configure on this data source, one of the tabs that come up on this window, has a start line parameter. I need this field, on this form, blanked

Can you post a screenshot where to find the "start line parameter"?

2.)BDE Administrator = Borland Database Engine Administrator. For some reason, there are some values I need to change.

yes, that's what I thought it is, however I don't have BDE installed, so I think I cannot help here... Isn't there a registry value (or ini file) for the things you want to change in BDE configuration?

EDIT: Regarding Nr. 1.) The registry key for the ODBC connections is this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI. I'm pretty sure you can change/delete that "start line parameter" here.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *