_RunDos

Hi,

I would like to know what is the thing that doesn't work with this, and how to resolve it.

#include <Process.au3>

$01 = _RunDos("cd " & @ScriptDir & "\exe{ENTER}ServiceLogger.exe -i{ENTER}net start servicelogger{ENTER}")
Sleep(5000)
$02 = _RunDos("cd " & @ScriptDir & "\exe{ENTER}net stop servicelogger{ENTER}ServiceLogger.exe -d{ENTER}")

Thanks

Edited by EliTe_ThuT

Have you tried running this command in a dos box manually?

I suspect your command is flawed. I know for a fact that _RunDOS works wonderfully, there is something wrong with your command.

It looks like your use of @scriptdir is used incorrectly and the ENTER is not supposed to be there either.

RTFM!

Edit: and your name is misleading, you are note elite =) :whistle:

Edited by joshiieeii

Hi,

I would like to know what is the thing that doesn't work with this, and how to resolve it.

#include <Process.au3>

$01 = _RunDos("cd " & @ScriptDir & "\exe{ENTER}ServiceLogger.exe -i{ENTER}net start servicelogger{ENTER}")
Sleep(5000)
$02 = _RunDos("cd " & @ScriptDir & "\exe{ENTER}net stop servicelogger{ENTER}ServiceLogger.exe -d{ENTER}")

Thanks

Who told you to use {ENTER} in the string for _RunDos(). I'm pretty sure it was NOT the help file, right? :whistle:

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

_RunDOS is not like Send(). It doesn't accept keys like {ENTER}.

_RunDOS is literally, just like entering this into your Start > Run command.

%comspec% /c $sCommand

Where $sCommand is obviously what you would pass to _RunDOS()

To accomplish what you're looking to do, I would suggest filewrite'ing to a bat file.

Something like this:

$hFile = FileOpen('mybatch.bat', 2)
FileWriteLine($hFile, "cd " & @ScriptDir & "\exe")
FileWriteLine($hFile, "ServiceLogger.exe -i")
FileWriteLine($hFile, "net start servicelogger")
FileClose($hFile)

RunWait('mybatch.bat')

*Edit: Wow, I guess I took too long, two posts before mine that weren't there when I started writing. :whistle:

Edited by Saunders

*Edit: Wow, I guess I took too long, two posts before mine that weren't there when I started writing. :)

You needed 18 minutes for that text? Tsk, tsk, tsk.... :whistle:

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *