V 3.102 No Gui

Hi,

I have just upgraded to the production release of autoit 3.102 and my autoGUI scripts (not compiled) do not work anymore, error message

GuiCreate("script", 102,135 etc

^ERROR

Error Unknown function name.

Is it just me or Gui has been removed between the beta and full release?

Cheers

CheersNobby

• Administrators

Hi,

I have just upgraded to the production release of autoit 3.102 and my autoGUI scripts (not compiled) do not work anymore, error message

Is it just me or Gui has been removed between the beta and full release?

Cheers

GUI functions are not in the 102 release - still in beta.

So have the full install .exe of the au3.102 beta files that include the gui been removed altogether and you now have to add those seperatly?

When promoting autoit I try to link to the main sight. I also advise however on trying the beta pointing out that the link since it is difficult to find and to try the beta if they choose to see the new gui functions if they are comfortable with an unstable release and or like to test and develop

Is there a new link availible (or planned) to include a full beta intall that includes the gui functions? My current links to the beta w/gui are broken. My scripts too :ph34r:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/...it-v3.0.102.exe

You should never link to a file in the unstable directory as they change frequently (hence the term 'unstable' :ph34r: ). Instead, link to the directory. The current 3.0.103 beta files are linked seperatally. Just download them, and overwrite your current files. Or do what I did and make a self extracting exe (I actually created it from a compressed zip to save space.) Then you can eaisily switch between the versions.

I'd imagine releasing individual files is eaisier on Jon since he doesn't have to pack them into a neat installer, and probably reduces bandwidth too.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• Administrators

You should never link to a file in the unstable directory as they change frequently (hence the term 'unstable' :ph34r: ).  Instead, link to the directory.  The current 3.0.103 beta files are linked seperatally.  Just download them, and overwrite your current files.  Or do what I did and make a self extracting exe (I actually created it from a compressed zip to save space.)  Then you can eaisily switch between the versions.

I'd imagine releasing individual files is eaisier on Jon since he doesn't have to pack them into a neat installer, and probably reduces bandwidth too.

Yeah, the download (website traffic) bandwidth isn't a problem but if I upload from work I have to use dialup and it's just too much to upload everything. Edited by Jon