catch a boutton click

Thanks. I've read the examples from gui reference; good to know. What i want to do: being given a window not from a gui I made), I want to have my program in the background and, when a user click a specific button in that window, my program to show a message box(par example).

I don't know how to react to an event from an outside window. I can though get the position of the button i want to catch and use some mouse events when the user clicks in that area, but i didn't find the events on mouse click, just functions to perform clicks and other mouse operations.

If you want to do OnEvent Mode (I prefer it)

At the begging of the script write a line of code: Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1) to set the mode to OnEvent

After creating the control have a line of code: GUIControlSetOnEvent($button,"Function") to set the Event to the control

Then define the function

Func Function()
     MsgBox(0,"Title","Text")
EndFunc

• Moderators

WinExists() + WinActive() + ControlGetFocus() + _IsPressed()

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

If you want to do OnEvent Mode (I prefer it)

At the begging of the script write a line of code: Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1) to set the mode to OnEvent

After creating the control have a line of code: GUIControlSetOnEvent($button,"Function") to set the Event to the control

Then define the function

Func Function()
     MsgBox(0,"Title","Text")
EndFunc
I did not create the control, and $button shoul be the controlID as returned by the fucntion GUICtrlCreate(..)..