Want To Check Out The Gui

ivan

Hi anyone!

I've been meaning to check out the gui version, but because it's unstable, I've refrained from testing it and kept using v3. Is there a way to install v3.103 and the gui version and keep them separate so they don't overlap.

That way, if I don't like the gui, i can keep using v3.

thx

ivan

• Administrators

Hi anyone!

I've been meaning to check out the gui version, but because it's unstable, I've refrained from testing it and kept using v3. Is there a way to install v3.103 and the gui version and keep them separate so they don't overlap.

That way, if I don't like the gui, i can keep using v3.

thx

ivan

Unless you are writing mission critical scripts for work or something just use the unstable. Copy the AutoIt3.exe Aut2exe.exe and Autoitsc.bin files over the ones in your installation directory (or rename them if you want to switch between the two).

"What's the worst that could happen?" :ph34r:

@ivan: I have been using various beta releases as well as the official releases for testing purposes when a problem arrises to try and see if it's a recent change that caused the glitch, or just in the last release. You can always install over your current install to upgrade or downgrade to that version. It only takes about 30 seconds, and it's a lot less hastle than dealing with multipile simultanious installs. If you do have several concurrent installs of AutoIt v3, you may run into registry value problems (#include folder, etc) as well as confusion about which version you're actually using if you compile from the right click context menu.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I have modded the Compile.au3 script to add an extra checkbox called Compile with GUI.

The way it works is simply to have 2 AutoIT bin stubs in the Aut2Exe directory and copy the appropriate one to AutoItSC.bin

For example, to get this script to work, first install v3.0.102, make a copy of AutoItSC.bin v3.0.102 and rename it to AutoItSC.bin.NOGUI. Next install v3.0.103 unstable, make a copy of AutoItSC.bin v3.0.103 and rename it to AutoItSC.bin.GUI. Finally, compile this Compile.au3 script.

;
; autoit version: 3.0
; language:    english
; platform:    win2k/xp
; author:        jos van der zande
; email:          jvdzande@yahoo.com
;
$VERSION = "0.9"
; Date: June 24, 2004
;
; script function: interface to the aut2exe program
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;

; Define variables
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$SCRIPTFILE_IN = ""
$SCRIPTFILE_OUT = ""
$INP_ICON = ""
$INP_COMPRESSION = ""
$INP_PASSPHRASE = ""
$INP_PASSPHRASE2 = ""
$AUT2EXE_PGM = ""
$INP_ALLOW_DECOMPILE = ""
$INP_GUI = ""

; retrieve aut3exe directory
$AUT2EXE_PGM = RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Aut2Exe.exe', '')
$AUT2EXE_DIR = StringLeft($AUT2EXE_PGM, StringInStr($AUT2EXE_PGM, "\", 0, -1))

; check if aut2exe.exe files are all there
$AUT2EXE_PGM_N = ""
While (Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_PGM)) Or (Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\AutoItSC.bin")) Or (Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\upx.exe")) 
   if $AUT2EXE_PGM_N <> "" Then
      $msg = ""
      if Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_PGM) then $msg = $AUT2EXE_PGM & " doesn exist." & @LF
      if Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\AutoItSC.bin") then $msg = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "\AutoItSC.bin" & " doesn't exist." & @LF
      if Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\upx.exe") then $msg = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "\upx.exe" & " doesn't exist." & @LF
      MsgBox(4096,"Error.",$msg)
   EndIf
   $AUT2EXE_PGM_n = FileOpenDialog( "Select the correct directory with AUT2EXE,AutoItSC.bin and upx.exe ", $AUT2EXE_PGM, "aut2exe(*.*)", 1)
   If @error = 1 Then
      $RC = MsgBox(4100, "Autoit3 Compile", "do you want to stop the process?")
      If $RC = 6 Then Exit
   EndIf
   $AUT2EXE_DIR = StringLeft($AUT2EXE_PGM_n, StringInStr($AUT2EXE_PGM_n, "\", 0, -1)-1)
   $AUT2EXE_PGM = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "\Aut2Exe.exe"
   If FileExists($AUT2EXE_PGM) Then   
      RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Aut2Exe.exe', '', "REG_SZ", $AUT2EXE_PGM)
   EndIf
Wend
$AUT2EXE_PGM_VER = FileGetVersion($AUT2EXE_PGM)
; retrieve commandline parameters
$V_ARG = "Valid Arguments are:" & @LF
$V_ARG = $V_ARG & " /in  ScriptFile " & @LF
$V_ARG = $V_ARG & " /out Targetfile " & @LF
$V_ARG = $V_ARG & " /icon IconFile " & @LF
$V_ARG = $V_ARG & " /pass passphrase " & @LF
$V_ARG = $V_ARG & " /comp 0 to 4  (Lowest to Highest) " & @LF
If $AUT2EXE_PGM_VER > '3.0.101.0' Then
   $V_ARG = $V_ARG & "  /nodecompile " & @LF  ; only BETA rel
EndIf
For $X = 1 To $CMDLINE[0]
   $T_VAR = StringLower($CMDLINE[$X])
  ;MsgBox( 1, "debug", "argument: " & $t_var,1)
   Select
      Case $T_VAR = "/?" Or $T_VAR = "/help"
         MsgBox(1, "Compile Aut2EXE", "Compile an AutoIt3 Script." & @LF & "commandline argument: " & $T_VAR & @LF & $V_ARG)
         Exit
      Case $T_VAR = "/in"
         $X = $X + 1
         $SCRIPTFILE_IN = $CMDLINE[$X]
      Case $T_VAR = "/out"
         $X = $X + 1
         $SCRIPTFILE_OUT = $CMDLINE[$X]
      Case $T_VAR = "/icon"
         $X = $X + 1
         $INP_ICON = $CMDLINE[$X]
      Case $T_VAR = "/pass"
         $X = $X + 1
         $INP_PASSPHRASE = $CMDLINE[$X]
         $INP_PASSPHRASE2 = $CMDLINE[$X]
      Case $T_VAR = "/compress" or $T_VAR = "/comp"
         $X = $X + 1
         $INP_COMPRESSION = Number($CMDLINE[$X])
         If $INP_COMPRESSION < 0 Or $INP_COMPRESSION > 4 Then $INP_COMPRESSION = ""
      Case $T_VAR = "/nodecompile"
         $INP_ALLOW_DECOMPILE = 0
      Case Else
         MsgBox(1, "Compile Aut2EXE", "Wrong commandline argument: " & $T_VAR & @LF & $V_ARG)
         Exit
   EndSelect
Next

; retrieve last used values when not specified on the commandline
If $INP_ICON = "" Then $INP_ICON = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastIcon")
If $INP_COMPRESSION = "" Then $INP_COMPRESSION = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastCompression")
If $INP_ALLOW_DECOMPILE = "" Then $INP_ALLOW_DECOMPILE = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "AllowDecompile") 
$LASTICON = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastIcon")
If $LASTICON = "" Then 
   $LASTICON = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastIcon") & "\AutoIt_32x32x256.ico"
   If Not FileExists($LASTICON) Then $LASTICON = ""
EndIf

; check/request for input File
While Not FileExists($SCRIPTFILE_IN) Or StringRight($SCRIPTFILE_IN, 4) <> '.au3'
   $SCRIPTFILE_IN = FileOpenDialog( "Select script to Compile with AUT2EXE ?", RegRead("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastScriptDir"), "autoit3(*.au3)", 1)
   If @error = 1 Then
      $RC = MsgBox(4100, "Autoit3 Compile", "do you want to stop the process?")
      If $RC = 6 Then Exit
   EndIf
Wend
If $SCRIPTFILE_OUT = "" Then 
   $SCRIPTFILE_OUT = StringReplace($SCRIPTFILE_IN, '.au3', '.exe')
EndIf

; GUI Definition
Opt ("GUICoordMode", 1)
Opt ("GUINotifyMode", 1)
GUICreate("Compile AutotIt3 Script  (ver " & $VERSION & ")", 600, 270, (@DesktopWidth - 600) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 270) / 2)
$H_INP_AU3EXE_CHANGE = GUISetControl("button", "AUT2EXE", 10, 12, 65, 20)
$H_AUT2EXE_DIR = GUISetControl("label", $AUT2EXE_PGM, 80, 15, 430, 20)
$H_AUT2EXE_PGM_VER = GUISetControl("label", "Ver:" & $AUT2EXE_PGM_VER, 520, 15, 70, 20)
;
GUISetControl("label", "Source:", 10, 40, 65, 20, 0x0002)
GUISetControl("label", $SCRIPTFILE_IN, 80, 40, 430, 20)
;
GUISetControl("label", "Target:", 10, 65, 65, 20, 0x0002)
$H_SCRIPTFILE_OUT = GUISetControl("input", $SCRIPTFILE_OUT, 80, 65, 430, 20)
;
GUISetControl("label", "Icon:", 10, 90, 65, 20, 0x0002)
$H_INP_ICON_ICO = GUISetControl("icon", $LASTICON, 530, 40)
$H_INP_ICON = GUISetControl("input", $INP_ICON, 80, 90, 430, 20)
$H_INP_ICON_CHANGE = GUISetControl("button", "Change", 520, 90, 60, 20)
GUISetControlNotify($H_INP_ICON_CHANGE, 2)
;
;
GUISetControl("label", "PassPhrase:", 10, 115, 65, 20, 0x0002)
$H_INP_PASSPHRASE = GUISetControl("input", $INP_PASSPHRASE, 80, 115, 170, 20, 0x0020)
;
GUISetControl("label", "Verify PP:", 10, 140, 65, 20, 0x0002)
$H_INP_PASSPHRASE2 = GUISetControl("input", $INP_PASSPHRASE2, 80, 140, 170, 20, 0x0020)
;
$H_INP_NODECOMPILE = GUISetControl("checkbox", "Allow decompilation", 300, 115, 200, 20)
GUISetControlEx($H_INP_NODECOMPILE, $INP_ALLOW_DECOMPILE)
GUISetControlNotify($H_INP_NODECOMPILE, 2)
$H_INP_GUI = GUISetControl("checkbox", "Compile with GUI", 300, 140, 200, 20)

GUISetControlEx($H_INP_NODECOMPILE, 16); show this control for higher releases
   If $INP_ALLOW_DECOMPILE = 1 Then
      GUISetControlEx($H_INP_PASSPHRASE, 64)
      GUISetControlEx($H_INP_PASSPHRASE2, 64)
   Else
      GUISetControlEx($H_INP_PASSPHRASE, 128)
      GUISetControlEx($H_INP_PASSPHRASE2, 128)
   EndIf
Else
   GUISetControlEx($H_INP_NODECOMPILE, 32); hide this control for lower releases
EndIf
;
GUISetControl("label", "Compression:", 10, 165, 65, 80, 0x0002)
$H_COMPR_PASSPHRASE = GUISetControl("Combo", "", 80, 165, 170, 80)
$W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Normal"
If $INP_COMPRESSION = 0 Then $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Lowest"
If $INP_COMPRESSION = 1 Then $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Low"
If $INP_COMPRESSION = 2 Then $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Normal"
If $INP_COMPRESSION = 3 Then $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "High"
If $INP_COMPRESSION = 4 Then $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Highest"
GUISetControlData($H_COMPR_PASSPHRASE, "Lowest|Low|Normal|High|Highest", $W_INP_COMPRESSION)
GUISetControlNotify($H_COMPR_PASSPHRASE, 0)
;
$H_COMPILE = GUISetControl("button", "Compile Script", 120, 220, 100, 30)
GUISetControlNotify($H_COMPILE, 2)
;
$H_CANCEL = GUISetControl("button", "Cancel", 280, 220, 100, 30)
GUIShow()
; Process GUI Input
While 1
   $rc = GUIMsg()
  ; Cancel clicked
   If GUIRead() = $H_CANCEL Then Exit
   If $RC = -3 Then Exit
  ; Change icon clicked
   If GUIRead() = $H_INP_ICON_CHANGE Then 
      $H_INP_ICON_NEW = FileOpenDialog( "Select the ICON for the program?", RegRead("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastIcon"), "Icons(*.ico)", 1)
      If @error = 0 Then
         $INP_ICON = $H_INP_ICON_NEW
         GUIWrite($H_INP_ICON,0,$INP_ICON)
         $H_INP_ICON_ICO = GUISetControl("icon", $INP_ICON, 530, 40)
        ; hide/show to force update of the icon 
         GUIHide()
         GUIShow()
      EndIf
      ContinueLoop
   EndIf
  ; Change AUT2EXE button clicked
   If GUIRead() = $H_INP_AU3EXE_CHANGE Then 
      $AUT2EXE_PGM_N = ""
      do
         if $AUT2EXE_PGM_N <> "" Then
            $msg = ""
            if Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_PGM) then $msg = $AUT2EXE_PGM & " doesn exist." & @LF
            if Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\AutoItSC.bin") then $msg = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "\AutoItSC.bin" & " doesn't exist." & @LF
            if Not FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\upx.exe") then $msg = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "\upx.exe" & " doesn't exist." & @LF
            MsgBox(4096,"Error.",$msg)
         EndIf
         $AUT2EXE_PGM_N = FileOpenDialog( "Select the AUT2EXE.EXE you want to use.", $AUT2EXE_PGM, "aut2exe(*.*)", 1)
         If @error = 1 Then ExitLoop
         $AUT2EXE_DIR = StringLeft($AUT2EXE_PGM_N, StringInStr($AUT2EXE_PGM_N, "\", 0, -1)-1)
         $AUT2EXE_PGM = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "\Aut2Exe.exe"
      Until FileExists($AUT2EXE_PGM) And FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\AutoItSC.bin") And FileExists($AUT2EXE_DIR & "\upx.exe")
      If FileExists($AUT2EXE_PGM) Then   
         RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Aut2Exe.exe', '', "REG_SZ", $AUT2EXE_PGM)
      EndIf
     ; update gui info
      $AUT2EXE_PGM_VER = FileGetVersion($AUT2EXE_PGM)
      GUIWrite($H_AUT2EXE_DIR, 0, $AUT2EXE_DIR & "\Aut2Exe.exe")
      GUIWrite($H_AUT2EXE_PGM_VER, 0, $AUT2EXE_PGM_VER)
         GUISetControlEx($H_INP_NODECOMPILE, 16); show this control for higher releases
         If GUIRead($H_INP_NODECOMPILE) = 1 Then
         Else
         EndIf
      Else
         GUISetControlEx($H_INP_NODECOMPILE, 32); hide this control for lower releases
      EndIf
      ContinueLoop
   EndIf
  ; Change NoDecompile clicked
   If GUIRead() = $H_INP_NODECOMPILE Then 
      Else
      EndIf
      ContinueLoop
   EndIf
  ; compile button clicked
   If GUIRead() = $H_COMPILE Then
     ; Retrieve GUI values
      $INP_PASSPHRASE = GUIRead($H_INP_PASSPHRASE)
      $INP_PASSPHRASE2 = GUIRead($H_INP_PASSPHRASE2)
      If $INP_PASSPHRASE <> $INP_PASSPHRASE2 Then
         MsgBox(4096 + 16 + 1, "Passphrase Error", "the 2 Passphrases entered didn't match... please reenter")
         GUIWrite($H_INP_PASSPHRASE,0,"")         ; empty fields and set focus to first field
         GUIWrite($H_INP_PASSPHRASE2,0,"")
         GUISetControlEx($H_INP_PASSPHRASE, 256)
         ContinueLoop
      EndIf
      $SCRIPTFILE_OUT = GUIRead($H_SCRIPTFILE_OUT)
      $INP_ICON = GUIRead($H_INP_ICON)
      $W_INP_COMPRESSION = GUIRead($H_COMPR_PASSPHRASE)
      If GUIRead($H_INP_GUI) = 1 Then
         $INP_GUI = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "AutoItSC.bin.GUI"
      Else
         $INP_GUI = $AUT2EXE_DIR & "AutoItSC.bin.NOGUI"
      EndIf   
      ExitLoop
   EndIf
Wend
GUIHide ( )
; Save setting for the next time
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastIcon", "REG_SZ", $INP_ICON)
;MsgBox(4096,'debug:' , '$INP_ICON:' & $INP_ICON);### Debug MSGBOX 
$LSCRIPTDIR = StringLeft($SCRIPTFILE_IN, StringInStr($SCRIPTFILE_IN, "\", 0, -1))
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastScriptDir", "REG_SZ", $LSCRIPTDIR)
If $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Lowest" Then $INP_COMPRESSION = 0 
If $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Low" Then $INP_COMPRESSION = 1
If $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Normal" Then $INP_COMPRESSION = 2
If $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "High" Then $INP_COMPRESSION = 3 
If $W_INP_COMPRESSION = "Highest" Then $INP_COMPRESSION = 4 
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Hiddensoft\AutoIT3\Aut2Exe", "LastCompression", "REG_DWORD", $INP_COMPRESSION)

; Run AUT2EXE 
$CMDLINE = ' /in "' & $SCRIPTFILE_IN & '"'
If $SCRIPTFILE_OUT <> "" Then $CMDLINE = $CMDLINE & ' /out "' & $SCRIPTFILE_OUT & '"'
; version is =< 3.0.101
  ; only supported after 3.0.101
      If $INP_PASSPHRASE <> "" Then $CMDLINE = $CMDLINE & ' /pass "' & $INP_PASSPHRASE & '"'
   Else
      $CMDLINE = $CMDLINE & ' /nodecompile'
   EndIf
Else
   If $INP_PASSPHRASE <> "" Then $CMDLINE = $CMDLINE & ' /pass "' & $INP_PASSPHRASE & '"'
EndIf
;MsgBox(4096, 'debug:', '$aut2exe:' & $AUT2EXE_pgm & $CMDLINE);### Debug MSGBOX 
If FileExists($INP_GUI) Then FileCopy($INP_GUI, $AUT2EXE_DIR & "AutoItSC.bin", 1)
RunWait($AUT2EXE_PGM & $CMDLINE)

; Done
Exit

Cute, although it still wouldn't do what I need. 95% of the time I compile an au3 source only from within my text editor. Some people might also compile from the right click menu.

However, for those that use the GUI compile mode anyway, this will work nicely.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Nah, thanks for the tip, but I don't use SciTE, and wouldn't even use this method if I did. It's just because I have many more than 1 version that I'll use most weeks. Although I'm sure I could program a GUI with a dropdown menu for each version I might want to use, it's so much simplier to double click my zip packed executable and let it do the work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guidosoft

Nah, thanks for the tip, but I don't use SciTE, and wouldn't even use this method if I did.  It's just because I have many more than 1 version that I'll use most weeks.  Although I'm sure I could program a GUI with a dropdown menu for each version I might want to use, it's so much simplier to double click my zip packed executable and let it do the work for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, don't install over it. Just put the GUI AutoIt and the AU3ToEXE somewhere else. Then asosciate file that that have the .AUG not AU3 extension to the GUI version. Then just rename all GUI scripts from .AU3 to .AUG. There they execute in harmony.

Um, don't install over it. Just put the GUI AutoIt and the AU3ToEXE somewhere else. Then asosciate file that that have the .AUG not AU3 extension to the GUI version. Then just rename all GUI scripts from .AU3 to .AUG. There they execute in harmony.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no simple solution like that for what I do. I often will use many of the previous releases when a bug, or potential bug is found. I would have to have so many different installs and extensions that it's not worth it.

It also really doesn't matter if you're running the "GUI" or "stable non-GUI" version. The only exception I see is if you are programming for a company that doesn't like the idea of using software that is "called" a "beta." Although, quite honestly, the only thing that makes AutoIt pass from a beta stage to an official release is a few days in which Jon asks if a releace canidate gives any problems. If not, it goes into stable.

Unless I expierence a problem, I always run the latest unstable version. If I do have a problem, it takes me under 30 seconds to switch it. It would probably take me that long anyway to mess around with the extensions on the scripts that I work on anyway.