V3.0.103 Unstable

Jon

• Administrators

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/unstable/autoit/

3.0.103 (18th August, 2004) (Beta)

- Added: Assign()

- Added: ConsoleWrite()

- Changed: (Internal) Unified structure stacks (If, Func, Select, While, Do, For)

- Changed: (Internal) Variant rewrite (now handles int32, int64, double, string data)

Significant internal changes again :ph34r:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/unstable/autoit/

3.0.103 (18th August, 2004) (Beta)

- Added: Assign()

- Added: ConsoleWrite()...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very good! :(:lol:

(Suggestion for the Help docs: Maybe, it would have to be specified that the variable must be declared previously...for Assign()) :ph34r:

Edited by josbe

Very good! :lol:  :D

(Suggestion for the Help docs: Maybe, it would have to be specified that the variable must be declared previously...for Assign():ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought: "Finally we can create/assign variables on-the-fly in a loop :( "

Too bad you have the declare the variables first :lol:

Edit:

I was thinking of something like this:

For $i = 1 To 10
Assign("Item" & $i, $i * 10)
MsgBox(0, "", "Item" & $i & ": " & Eval("Item" & $i))
Next
Edited by SlimShady

The reason is... I was writing to emulate pointers to objects located on the stack (Declared at compile time), not objects created on the heap (dynamically created at run-time via operator new or malloc). That's thinking in C++ terms, of course.

The reason is... I was writing to emulate pointers to objects located on the stack (Declared at compile time), not objects created on the heap (dynamically created at run-time via operator new or malloc).  That's thinking in C++ terms, of course.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmm..I see.

In spite of this(declaring first) :ph34r: , I believe that it's useful :(

• Administrators

I can't see any reason to not make Assign create the var in local scope if it doesn't already exist? Maybe an extra parameter to tell it whether or not to create the var?

Assign("var" [, flag])

flag = 0 (default) Create local

flag = 1 Create Global

flag = 2 Fail if not already created

?

AutoIt doesn't have a console to write to, it is a Windows application. If launched from a console, it can not write to it because AutoIt itself does not know about the console, nor is there any way that I am aware of for it to find that out.

• Administrators

Extremly cool  :ph34r:  :lol:

Great work Jon and Valik (for the new things)  :(

All Valik's.

I might even get around to the WinList function now. Maybe similar to ProcessList so you get choose which components you want back. There will more data to get back for that though so I will probably do it as a multidimension array rather than a stringsplit friendly one. I may add another option to ProcessList to provide a similar multi dim array too.

:ph34r: me likes, me likes...

hehe, what about making a transparent color? Like for example, the pink color would not show up. This way we could have a custom shaped GUI. Heck, we could also combine it with transparency :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's easy enough to do, however, I don't see how that is useful at all since you can't specify a bitmap as a background "color" for the GUI. Currently, since you can only change the entire color of the background, if you were to make that color transparent, then you'd essentially have floating controls (I think, I've not actually used that particular feature).

If somebody comes along and makes it so that a bitmap can be set as the background "color" of GUI's, then I'll see about enabling the color transparency part (I'm assuming it's as simple as that...)

Obviously I'm assuming you are talking about making AutoIt's GUI stuff shaped via this method and not other applications.

Well, the purpose would be to make some GUI with custom shape. This would be easy with a black and white bitmap to make the 'holes'. However, I'd like to be able to resize the window and keep the borders with the so caleed shape. Something like WindowBlinds but without the need for such app.