Scripts run slower in vista?

The_Noob

Ok is this somthing wrong on my behalf, or do scripts run slower in vista? I mean, i have a fair amount of scripts and it seems every single one of em runs slower... Is this just me? or is this a running trend? For things like chat loggers (Logging game chats) I had it loop like every 100 ms... now it seems to take at least 2 or 3 seconds, often as long as 5 or 6 seconds to loop, which can cause problems.

I tend to use do loops... is there a site that shows a faster way of making loops? for instance, is having large chunks of code as functions faster than having long if staments? whats faster, do until or while wend?

If you can point out some tips, i would apprieate it.

And i dont want to post my code, however if you think you can streamline it please PM me or e-mail me and i can send it to you... i would rather my code does not get displayed on the internet at this time. thanks :whistle:

lol

well a simple loop will be just as fast... i tried that... but my programs that im trying to make run are running a LOT slower on Vista than on XP. Same computer. Thats why im thinking that some commands may take longer than others.

Its not the loop per se... but the elements in the loop that i think may be slowing the scripts. Any ideas?

how much RAM does your vista computer have? Vista takes 1GB+ to even run, maybe it is just the speed of your current computer?

2 gigs in this laptop. And 2 60 gig SATA harddrives. And a 2 meg l2 cache. And a G-Force go 7600 graphics card. And a 20.5 inch screen. This laptop is suited pretty well for vista, if only i could get my scripts and progs to work.

• Moderators

lol

well a simple loop will be just as fast... i tried that... but my programs that im trying to make run are running a LOT slower on Vista than on XP. Same computer. Thats why im thinking that some commands may take longer than others.

Its not the loop per se... but the elements in the loop that i think may be slowing the scripts. Any ideas?

2 gigs in this laptop. And 2 60 gig SATA harddrives. And a 2 meg l2 cache. And a G-Force go 7600 graphics card. And a 20.5 inch screen. This laptop is suited pretty well for vista, if only i could get my scripts and progs to work.

You are running both OS's (XP and Vista) on the same computer both have their own 2 gigs of ram? Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You are running both OS's (XP and Vista) on the same computer both have their own 2 gigs of ram?

No i was running XP then i formatted and did a clean install with Vista. The Vista rating system shows my system with a base score of 4.2 to 4.7 depending what im running at the time of the test, and the average is about 5 (out of 5.9) so my system is not to blame...

All in all it SHOULD be able to run whatever i want with little or no problems

I just can second that statement. Installed Vista this weekend, hardware index 5.8, i got a qx6700 with 2 gigs, everythings running smoothly... except my au3 scripts... even starting up the GUI takes 10 seconds, controls are painted one after another... running the script works fine, but it becomes unresponsive for 20 seconds all the time, then response for 5 and becomes unresponsive again (while working )...

This post will be edited again by Polyphem: Tomorrow, 11:55 AM

• 3 months later...