Game Bot Concept

dinodod

I know I've seen some posts around on this subject but I wanted to bring it up again as I want to venture down this road. I play a MMORPH game (No not WOW!) which is very tedious to level and requires a lot of time. What I am trying to do is build a bot to help out wth my tasks. I dont know where to start. I know it has to be smart enough to 'see' what is around my character (enemies, pits, barriers, etc) but how do i even begin to get a script to interact?

I was thinking that I would need to do some sort of a screen scan (some function in autoit I think can do this) yet I know this would slow the system down a lot if it had to scan the screen constantly. I do have a few regions that are static which would help.

any thoughts??

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

I know I've seen some posts around on this subject but I wanted to bring it up again as I want to venture down this road. I play a MMORPH game (No not WOW!) which is very tedious to level and requires a lot of time. What I am trying to do is build a bot to help out wth my tasks. I dont know where to start. I know it has to be smart enough to 'see' what is around my character (enemies, pits, barriers, etc) but how do i even begin to get a script to interact?

I was thinking that I would need to do some sort of a screen scan (some function in autoit I think can do this) yet I know this would slow the system down a lot if it had to scan the screen constantly. I do have a few regions that are static which would help.

any thoughts??

Totally depends on what game really. Most often (for me) it is a combination of in game settings and Autoit.

Example: for EQ2 tradeskilling (Zzzzzzz) I changed the Color of my icons to a primary color, when the tradeskill window told me to push an Icon, autoit would notice it was one of the primary colors and push it for me. Then it restarted everything for me. In EVE-Online, for mining, it was simple to build a bot to warp to random locations, then lock on a roid , mine untill my cargo was full then warp back to the station , unload it and redo. For Wow , Autoit helped for Fishing, for Unreal I changed the color of the heads so Autoit could autosniper with ease and for GuildWars I had Autoit hit ATL to highlight anything green or red and either attack or loot.

My point is, give a little info on what you are trying trying to accomplish. But beware, you may end up like me and finding that figuring out a way to Bot the game is more fun than playing it.

Totally depends on what game really. Most often (for me) it is a combination of in game settings and Autoit.

Example: for EQ2 tradeskilling (Zzzzzzz) I changed the Color of my icons to a primary color, when the tradeskill window told me to push an Icon, autoit would notice it was one of the primary colors and push it for me. Then it restarted everything for me. In EVE-Online, for mining, it was simple to build a bot to warp to random locations, then lock on a roid , mine untill my cargo was full then warp back to the station , unload it and redo. For Wow , Autoit helped for Fishing, for Unreal I changed the color of the heads so Autoit could autosniper with ease and for GuildWars I had Autoit hit ATL to highlight anything green or red and either attack or loot.

My point is, give a little info on what you are trying trying to accomplish. But beware, you may end up like me and finding that figuring out a way to Bot the game is more fun than playing it.

WOW!, sounds like you are having an easy time. I also pay on Guildwars so if you permit, i could learn from your GW script?? I am playing Last Chaos right now. I'm really just trying to get some samples of how to detect what is on the screen, be it a color pattern or a name or what have you..

Botting a game would be a fun thing for me to learn. I'd still play the game but my bot would be there while I sleep/work/afk so I always work on leveling up. LC (Last Chaos) is pretty diveresed in what you can skill up in which is why ittaks forever to do anything...

Do you have a way to watch how many HP you have and see if you are losing any? I'm guessing that requires a memory reader??

Thanks

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

For me the key functions are

PixelGetColor

MouseGetPos

MouseClick

Call

Function

Sleep

Send

and a great troubleshooter is

MsgBox(4096,"DOH! ","If You're seeing this, You effed up.")

This would be the first place I would start, and the AutoIt Help is a godsend. I always have it open. Cruise the scripts and get some ideas.

Post your script for help if you like. Most people of this forum love to help people trying to help themselves and dont care to spoon feed people answers.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!, sounds like you are having an easy time. I also pay on Guildwars so if you permit, i could learn from your GW script?? I am playing Last Chaos right now. I'm really just trying to get some samples of how to detect what is on the screen, be it a color pattern or a name or what have you..

Botting a game would be a fun thing for me to learn. I'd still play the game but my bot would be there while I sleep/work/afk so I always work on leveling up. LC (Last Chaos) is pretty diveresed in what you can skill up in which is why ittaks forever to do anything...

Do you have a way to watch how many HP you have and see if you are losing any? I'm guessing that requires a memory reader??

Thanks

hmmm i just see your post i have making a OLD bot for guild war pvp old but.. GREAT :) i used it a long time ago and it was very simple bot but very good one take just a look at it if this could help you

EDIT: forgot to put url -.- :whistle:guild war pvp bot open script

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

• 5 months later...