Excel Worksheets check

niassa

Hi all, I've been wracking my brain, and I'm sure this is pretty easy and I'm just missing it somehow *paranoid look* but I'm trying to write a script to check to see if a worksheet exists in my excel object and if it does to select it and if it doesn't to create it. For whatever reason my fried brain is having issues with this... *hides under a couch* :whistle: Any thoughts?

If you're using my collection of functions:

1. Use $array = _ExcelSheetList($object) to return the list of sheets in the object to an array.

2. Search the array for the sheet name you're looking for.

3. If the sheet is listed in the array, use _ExcelSheetActivate($object, "sheetname") to activate it.

4. If the sheet is not listed in the array, use _ExcelSheetAddNew($object, "sheetname") to create and activate a new sheet with that name.

That's all there is to it, really.

-S

Edited by Locodarwin
(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

Thank you so much, Locodarwin. :whistle:

I guess at this point what I'm a bit confused on is how to search the array. I'm still quite a newbie to all of this. I feel blessed that I've done as well as I have... and then to get stuck at this spot just makes me want to rip out my hair. LOL! I so appreciate your help, though! :)

Oh yeah, and I should mention that the one thing I seem to have consistent issues with, with regards to understanding, is arrays. I don't know why I have such a difficult time grasping it, but for whatever reason I do. *insert yet another paranoid look*

No worries. I've sent you a PM with additional help. Good luck with your Excel endeavors!

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]