really simple question on user input

Homer

hi, just looking for a way to collect user input and store them to variables without using a gui? for example, they hit shift f1 to start/reset the program, then hit a, s, d, f, and i'd like them to load to 4 different variables/array. technically i know i could do this by doing a:: through z:: and using a function for when they hit all the keys, but that's a crappy way to do it. it's so easy in any other programming language i've used, i must just be missing something :0.

thanks for the help

Keyloggers are bad my friend.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

• Moderators

I predict Homer will say "but it's not for a keylogger!!"

Or break out some type of working credentials on why it's ok to give them the answer on an open forum.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

bah, it's not for a freaking key logger!!! jeez louise, it's for a game i play, warcraft 3 dota, where i want to set it up so it's easy to set and reset the hotkeys at the beginning of every game, if i wanted a keylogger i wouldn't use autohotkey, i'd write it in c....

bah, it's not for a freaking key logger!!! jeez louise, it's for a game i play, warcraft 3 dota, where i want to set it up so it's easy to set and reset the hotkeys at the beginning of every game, if i wanted a keylogger i wouldn't use autohotkey, i'd write it in c....

how many hotkeys are you trying to set? what's wrong with just using hotkeyset() or _ispressed() ?

well i hot key q,w,a,s,d,f,z,x,c,v. the problem is that you get a different character every game and need to reset the a,s,d,f keys every time. i wrote some code that allows me to reset it but every game i have to minimize, rewrite those 4 lines, then run it again, then get back in game real quick. it's kind of annoying. that's also why i don't want it on a gui, i don't want to have to minimize.

enter::
suspend
send, {ENTER}
return
+enter::
suspend
send, {ENTER}
return
a::w
s::d
d::g
f::r
q::a
w::h
z::numpad7
x::numpad8
c::numpad4
v::numpad5
r::r
Space::F1
LWin::return

#SingleInstance

Why do you need to reset it? What in the hell are you talking about?

Why dont you give a description of what it exactly is you are trying to do. I haven't played your game and your code makes zero sense.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

all i want to know is after the program is started, if they hit 4 different keys, the 4 different keys will be stored to 4 different variables.

and how the game works that makes the buttons needed to be remapped is that in every game you get a different character with 4 unique skills/spells they have. the attack and stop keys, which are q and w are universal keys that need to be remapped once. z,x,c,v are item keys that are universal and only need to be remapped once. and the {enter} stuff is so the thing pauses when you hit enter to chat. i just need to be able to easily remap a,s,d,f on the fly without minimizing my game, that's about it.

and thanks for the info cameronsdad, the _ispressed function should be able to do what i want. just way more complicated then i expected for linking a hotkey at runtime, my original idea would have been about the same amount of code :whistle:.