Searching and Selecting text in a window

Paulie

Try finding the uninstall wizard usually found in the program's install directory.

Then you can just run that instead of navigation through add/remove programs.

A little knowledge of the uninstall sequence and polling the registry for locations should speed things up considerably.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

I've got 20 computers and are trying to remove several programs using "add/remove programs" control panel. The problem I'm having is that many of the apps aren't located in the same order in the control panel. All of these applications don't have a "uninstall" icon in the programs group in the start menu.

I'm looking for some function(s) that will search the add/remove control panel and find the text I'm looking for and select that entry so that the "change/remove" button can be hit.

Thoughts?

Sorry guys, nice try. I've searched through the directories of the programs for uninstallers and most don't have them, I've only found a uninstaller in the add/remove control panel. Trust me, been through it. :whistle:

Ok, so any thoughts on how to search text in the add/remove control panel and select certain text based on my criteria?

Sorry guys, nice try. I've searched through the directories of the programs for uninstallers and most don't have them, I've only found a uninstaller in the add/remove control panel. Trust me, been through it. :whistle:

Ok, so any thoughts on how to search text in the add/remove control panel and select certain text based on my criteria?

All add/remove does is run the uninstaller for the application.

There must be uninstallers, just through Program Files.

I've never installed anything and had no way to uninstall it.

Read this reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

the key contains one subkey for each program and the UninstallString value tells Add/Remove that where is the uninstaller.

You can read that uninstallstring and execute that.

Edited by Ayush