Should present AutoIT in the company i work - some feedback?

Hi there,

i'm a little 20 years old guy that works in a company which programs software for some ... ehm, ... "ISP", but for mobil phones... dont know the word :)

Every time we get a new employee, i need to set up a new computer (or format an old) - install windows, install updates, office 2000, firefox, some oracle-tools, and so on.

I created far ago some AutoIT scripts that helped me, they were very usful. But now i've got a new Boss (...), and he's not overzealous, on the fact, that i (or "we") use this scripts, because some of them (maybe 20 percent) are buggy, so i had to install or customize some things manually.

Okay, he said, i should write a documentation for autoit, and how we could use it in our company. Some days later, i should "hold a presentation about autoit".

You see, my english is not very good - i'm a german. But, on acronym is used in germany too: wtf d(:lol:)b

You will ask yourself, why this guy want getting help in an english forum... cause here are many geeks that could help me :whistle:

I wrote a short Index for my presentation - maybe you could give me some interesting examples, correct or add points?

Introduction (What situation is given, what we could need to optimize our processes)

AutoIT
- What is AutoIT?
- How it works?
- Features of AutoIT (Filemanagement, Window-Interaction, usw.)
- Little Tutorial - some Source shown

AutoIT in Company-Context

- Situation given (no automated installations, all done manually)
- Why AutoIT? (no tools available for customized installations on different hardware [->no imaging], freeware, huge range of possibilities)

How we could use AutoIT
- Create full automated installations of software-packages [office, firefox, acrobat reader, and so on)
- Create a algorythm to restart between the installations
- Create Scripts that are usful for customizing Windows (delete shortcuts in startmenu, set a specified background-wallpaper, copy profiles, settings or keys into program-folders (like the WinRar-Key-File)

---> Combine several scripts to a full automated installation of Software-Packages, customized Settings and Profiles

Examples
- Show some user defined functions (cause they clarify that autoit is MORE than just interact with windows an copy some files to some destination dirs)
- Maybe one or two easy tutorials (Interact with Windows (not m$ windows *g*), Automate an Installation)

If the presentation will get an positiv reputation, we will use AutoIT,... oh no, "i will use it"...

Feedback? :)

Attention! English noob ^^

It looks like you have more than the general idea on how AutoIt works. It looks like you will do fine.

You might also want to check this out:

http://autoit.aufwaerts.de/portal.php

This is a German forum maintained by peethebee.

I read this and thought it was funny:

I created far ago some AutoIT scripts that helped me, they were very usful.

I understood you perfectly, but I want to point out that you would want to say, "long ago".

The best way to re-phrase the above would be to say:

I created some AutoIt scripts a long time ago that helped me and were quite useful.

Just reading your sig. :whistle:

-The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

It looks like you have more than the general idea on how AutoIt works. It looks like you will do fine.

You might also want to check this out:

http://autoit.aufwaerts.de/portal.php

This is a German forum maintained by peethebee.

I read this and thought it was funny:

I understood you perfectly, but I want to point out that you would want to say, "long ago".

The best way to re-phrase the above would be to say:

I created some AutoIt scripts a long time ago that helped me and were quite useful.

Just reading your sig. :whistle:

-The Kandie Man

Your the first one, who corrected my mistakes... ^^

I know, that there is a german board... but i thought, it would be a better practice to write into the english board... *gg*

Maybe, u've some ideas, which achievement of AutoIT-Scripts i could introduce ?

Attention! English noob ^^

If it was me i would show them some scripts about GUI ( Not sure if you guys need it), Mouse Keyboard interaction,Window & Proces

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! you’re the best in town Fight!

Maybe,... something like that? :whistle:

Yep something like that :lol:

Be sure to point them to this forum at some point. AutoIt's popularity cannot be ignored. (Except by my company).

Lar.

Well everybody keeps asking where all my small gadgets I use in my work comes from, and they all get the forum adresse :)

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

i cant believe i understood that.

Anyways, Be sure to push the "free" and "easy to learn" factors of the program, along with the fact that it has a proven user base, help is easy to get (and also Free) and perhaps show of a small library of applications that have been done by other users.