Best way to learn

anotherf

Hi i have been looking at the scripts that auto it can produce, i have never programmed before and would like some advice where to start. I have followed the three tutorials provided in the docs and looked at the code in the example scripts.

If there are any other tutorials, blogs or guides that will help me i would be thankful for the links!

Thanks!

Check out Valuaters "AutoIt 1-2-3" tutorial: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...hl=autoit+1-2-3

Everyone learns differently and what works for one person might not work for you.. but for me, I learned a great deal from doing three things:

1.) Read through posted scripts of people who I knew had a strong coding ability. This way you learn the right way to do things.

2.) Attempt to research and answer as many questions as I could in General Help forum. The best questions were the ones right outside of my coding ability that forced me to try new things and look things up.

3.) Read the help file as much as you can. AutoIt has an excellent help file.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

2.) Attempt to research and answer as many questions as I could in General Help forum. The best questions were the ones right outside of my coding ability that forced me to try new things and look things up.

3.) Read the help file as much as you can. AutoIt has an excellent help file.

This also works for me... Try to help others, because when you do you will once in a while come to a topic you cant answer and then you will search :whistle:

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

As boring as it sounds, read through the function lists in the help file, anything that interests you will stick in your mind (or at least the fact that it is possible)

I personally learn best by reading, i thought of something basic that i know someone would have done (or thought someone would have) then went looking in the examples section, once i found it, i read the code, and used the help file to understand what was happening.

Only other thing that helps me, is i make a flow chart of my script / application i wish to build. i Decide which sections could be functions, break it down as best as possible, then write code to do each part. once i have self made working code examples, i start work on a whole new script that incorporates everything (all code is re-written).