Disable Keystrokes And Mouse

Hello:

I am new to AutoIT v3, and I am very impressed. I was wondering if it is possible to disable the keyboard and mouse while a script is running? Currently, I have a script that customizing Windows, and I do not want someone to interrupt the script while it is running. Disabling the keyboard and mouse would take care of that.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Brian

Hello:

I am new to AutoIT v3, and I am very impressed.  I was wondering if it is possible to disable the keyboard and mouse while a script is running?  Currently, I have a script that customizing Windows, and I do not want someone to interrupt the script while it is running.  Disabling the keyboard and mouse would take care of that.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, hmm. :ph34r:

Try looking at the Function Reference portion of the compiled html help file. You'll find the answer in there - in short Yes.

Good luck!

Raoul S. Duke: Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Uh, hmm. :ph34r:

Try looking at the Function Reference portion of the compiled html help file.  You'll find the answer in there - in short Yes. 

Good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahhh, I didn't see the BlockInput function before. Thanks for forcing me to take another look. Since you cannot pass the ALT key when that is enabled, how do you workaround that? I would assume you could turn off the BlockInput send the ALT key and then turn it back on. Is there a better way?

Thanks again...

Brian

• Administrators

Hello:

I am new to AutoIT v3, and I am very impressed.  I was wondering if it is possible to disable the keyboard and mouse while a script is running?  Currently, I have a script that customizing Windows, and I do not want someone to interrupt the script while it is running.  Disabling the keyboard and mouse would take care of that.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Brian

BlockInput()