ProcessClose for a specific user

cruizzer

If you know the PID and you are an administrator, it should be possible.

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

ProcessList ( ["name"] )

If you use that to get names & pids, don't you have enough information then? Or am I misreading your intentions?

No and yes... there are many processes with the same name. I want to close the process of a specific (current) user.

That's my way:

$KillCmd = 'taskkill /F /FI "USERNAME eq %USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%" /FI "IMAGENAME eq application.exe'
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & $KillCmd, '', @SW_HIDE)

It works!

Cruizzer

• 2 years later...

I got roughly the same problem.

Several instances of the same process are opened for different user's. I want to kill the process for me, but not for User X.

I can only you internal commands of autoit... is there any way to read the user of a process? Something like that would be helpful...

I got roughly the same problem.

Several instances of the same process are opened for different user's. I want to kill the process for me, but not for User X.

I can only you internal commands of autoit... is there any way to read the user of a process? Something like that would be helpful...

Not with only native functions (Excluding COM and DllCall). I'd go with what MHz suggested.