Enumerating Desktop/My Computer items; Copying to/from Gmail...

whjou

Hi all,

Do you know how I can enumerate all the items on the desktop, including those special folders such as "My Documents", "My Computer" etc. ? @DesktopDir only contains the normal file links.

Similarly, I would like to enumerate all the items in "My Computer", including "Control Panel", "My Sharing Folders", "Shared Documents" etc...

My ultimate aim is to write an AutoIt script that can copy files to/from my Gmail account via the GMail Drive shell extension...

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Do you know how I can enumerate all the items on the desktop, including those special folders such as "My Documents", "My Computer" etc. ? @DesktopDir only contains the normal file links.

Similarly, I would like to enumerate all the items in "My Computer", including "Control Panel", "My Sharing Folders", "Shared Documents" etc...

My ultimate aim is to write an AutoIt script that can copy files to/from my Gmail account via the GMail Drive shell extension...

Thanks in advance.

For your first auestion try to use Autolib from Paul1A, i thimk you can do what you want to do.

Have a careful look at the way GMail Drive stores its files.. (from withing the gmail account)

i remember saving things in mine simply by emailing an appropriately named zip file with the correct subject/body details and when i opened my Gmail Drive it would contain that file !!

• 2 months later...

Been a while. :)

Anyway my main purpose is not just to copy files to/from Gmail, but rather able to copy to/from various "explorer extensions" in a uniform manner. Examples of such "explorer extensions": My Desktop, Mozy Remote Backup, Nokia Phone Browser etc. I tried to peek at Win32API but seems like there are multiple ways to do such "explorer extensions" and it's a bit too mindboggling for a non-windows programmer. Any ideas?