regular expressions in autoitx

Ron C

• Administrators

I think I already silently included regexp support in window titles - can't remember atm. But yes, I don't usually but string commands in AutoItX as it's better to rely on the host language, but for regex stuff it may be a useful addition.

I think I already silently included regexp support in window titles - can't remember atm. But yes, I don't usually but string commands in AutoItX as it's better to rely on the host language, but for regex stuff it may be a useful addition.

I will try the regular expression support in window titles. I assume that the syntax would be as it is documented for AutoIt3. Let me encourage you to add full regular expression support.

I have used ooRexx for some time and have many system related programs and scripts written in ooRexx. One problem with ooRexx is that its regular expression support, while functional, is weak. In fact I wrote a class with methods that specifically use the VBS regular expression capability which is available through COM/ActiveX. However, I prefer to work with the PCRE based regular expressions that you have. Indeed, I prefer to use AutoItX to expand the capabilities, in general, of ooRexx. I would prefer to use AutoItX exclusively to expand the abilities of ooRexx scripts, especially for automated Windows control.

I am beginning a project to write a class with a full set of methods, a class that will provide easy access to AutoItX.

So, if one programmer's plea has value, please provide full regular expression support in AutoItX.

Jon,

I tried using regular expressions with window titles, specifically with winGetHandle(), and could not get them to work. BTW, though I am interested in full regular expression support, my current and most pressing need is for regular expression support in matching the titles of windows.

• Administrators

Jon,

I tried using regular expressions with window titles, specifically with winGetHandle(), and could not get them to work. BTW, though I am interested in full regular expression support, my current and most pressing need is for regular expression support in matching the titles of windows.

A brief look at the code seems say that "regexp=" is implemented in titles. Did you go into WinTitleMatchMode 4?

A brief look at the code seems say that "regexp=" is implemented in titles. Did you go into WinTitleMatchMode 4?

Jon,

I prepared some example code to send to you. This time the regular expressions worked. I changed, for this example, where and how I constructed the string with "regexp=". I will go back to my original code and make alterations to comply with how I constructed the title string this time. Plus, I had rebooted my computer. Who knows? In any case, regular expressions are working for title searches. I am sorry to bother you with bogus information. Congratulations on a great product in AutoIt3 and AutoItX.

I still hope for full regular expression capabilities in AutoItX.