How to make a UDF

James

Hey,

I would like to know how to make a UDF, I just don't understand it. I have looked at other and tried, but with no luck. I just don't understand the things.

I know what they are but not how to make them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Secure

Edited by Secure_ICT

Hey,

I would like to know how to make a UDF, I just don't understand it. I have looked at other and tried, but with no luck. I just don't understand the things.

Thanks,

Secure

Have you tried to make a function - if so, you have already created a UDF as it stands for User Defined Funtion.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Moderators

Hey,

Thanks,

Secure

I would suggest starting with your posts. (I'm being an ass here a bit, but not really, if you were in my seat reading your above post, you'd understand).

If I were to judge you as a person, just on the posts you start, I would say you were someone that dives into everything head first without ever checking how deep the water is. You clearly don't have structure to your questions or your posts which make it difficult for anyone to even attempt to give you a hand, and will end up frustrating those that normally do to the point where they won't any longer.

You need a clear "structure" of what it is your script is going to accomplish with the script, so that you'll know where to start with the custom functions you create.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6853

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Make an au3 named mytools.au3

Func _WinRen($titel, $text, $new)
    WinSetTitle($titel, $text, $new)
EndFuncoÝ÷ Ø ÝÊ«¨§±Êâ¦Ùv®Ý«­¢+Ø¥¹±Õ±Ðíµåѽ½±Ì¹ÔÌÐì()}]¥¹I¸ ÅÕ½Ðí9½ÑÁÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí5ä¹½ÑÁÅÕ½Ðì

But if you know what a function is and you done what you said, this should be easy as cake

Edited by Shevilie

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

Smoke: Yes, I have always been like that. It runs in the family. :whistle: I really should shutup or structure things. Thanks Smoke for telling me though.

Sheville, I understand now. I know how they work. But the layout of it I couldn't get but because it is simple like that I can now see. Thankyou!