Very easy question re: strings & dates

megatron

Hello guys, very simple problem I have:

I want to get a string consisting of the date like this: DD.MM.YYYY

I know the macros can give me a date inthe format DD/MM/YYYY but i need it delimited with . not /

I have also tried to make a string from the seporate @MON @YEAR etc macros, I think my understanding of syntax here is letting me down.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

• Moderators

What ever is giving you this format: DD/MM/YYYY you could simply use StringReplace()

$sDateFunc = _MyDateFunctionGivingMeMyDateInformation();(You didn't state what you were using)
$sDateFunc = StringReplace($sDateFunc, '/', '.')
MsgBox(64, 'Presto', $sDateFunc)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Smoke. thanks for your help. While you were typing I managed to solve the problem myself:

#Include <date.au3>

#include <Array.au3>

$avArray = _ArrayCreate(@MDAY, @MON, @YEAR)

Dim $Date = _ArrayToString( $avArray,".")

That's the really long way.... if you only have one date.

$sDate = @MDay & '.' & @MON & '.' & @YEAR
MsgBox(64, 'Info', $sDate)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

One more question, if I may:

CODE
$sDate = @MDAY & '.' & @MON & '.' & @YEAR

; Shows the filenames of all files in the current directory

$search = FileFindFirstFile(*$sDate)

The part that is not working correctly is the FileFindFirstFile(*$sDate), no matter what I try I can't seem to get it to search for the date string with a wildcard prefixing it.

• Moderators

Did you try using the path to the directory as well?

There are functions also that could help you... _FileListToArray(), I've wrote a _FileListToArrayEx() option in the Examples forum, these return a list of all files in the Path+directory you choose, and you can loop through them to see if the files match with something like StringInStr().

You also may want to look at _PathSplit() so you can compare just the actual file name itself.

Did you try using the path to the directory as well?

There are functions also that could help you... _FileListToArray(), I've wrote a _FileListToArrayEx() option in the Examples forum, these return a list of all files in the Path+directory you choose, and you can loop through them to see if the files match with something like StringInStr().

You also may want to look at _PathSplit() so you can compare just the actual file name itself.

Following on from your advice it worked just great. Thanks so much dude!