Unable to use {-} to uncheck boxes.

vnavna

I am installing a program that some options must be unchecked. The problem is that anyone that does not have a SQL agent service installed the boxes are already unchecked. I have tried {+} and {-} and {Numpadsub} but am unable to get these commands to work. The only thing that works is {space}. The only problem there is that it will check the boxes that should be unchecked and will work fine on computers that have that service installed. Is there any way to get the script to detect if a service is installed and call a different script to run against those computers?

• Developers

I am installing a program that some options must be unchecked. The problem is that anyone that does not have a SQL agent service installed the boxes are already unchecked. I have tried {+} and {-} and {Numpadsub} but am unable to get these commands to work. The only thing that works is {space}. The only problem there is that it will check the boxes that should be unchecked and will work fine on computers that have that service installed. Is there any way to get the script to detect if a service is installed and call a different script to run against those computers?

You replied in the other post that {NUMPADADD} didn't work.

Are you sure you have the checkbox control selected?

What is the program you are trying to install ?

What does AU3INfo tell you about this control ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Is there any way to make the ( "title" [, "text"] ) optional text a needed parameter? If I could do this I could have the commands tell the difference between checked boxes. When the boxes are checked or unchecked it changes the text of the space needed for install. I wanted to use that as a IF then statement but, the text is only optional.

Here is a screen shot and part of the script.

Edited by vnavna

• Moderators

Is there any way to make the ( "title" [, "text"] ) optional text a needed parameter? If I could do this I could have the commands tell the difference between checked boxes. When the boxes are checked or unchecked it changes the text of the space needed for install. I wanted to use that as a IF then statement but, the text is only optional.

Have you looked at the ControlCommand() function options?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Have you looked at the ControlCommand() function options?

I have not yet looked at it but, now I will. I have had this software for 2 weeks now and did not realize how powerful this can be. I love it to death when it works. I am a real noob. All that I am trying to do is create a script for all of our apps here to be installed without any user being able to screw it up. Also so that all settings are the same throughout all installs on all computers. I have sent a print screen of the actual install that I am trying to install earlier. If you have time give it a look see.

You replied in the other post that {NUMPADADD} didn't work.

Are you sure you have the checkbox control selected?

What is the program you are trying to install ?

What does AU3INfo tell you about this control ?

AU3INfo

Press CTRL-ALT-F to freeze the display.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Title: Select Components

Class: #32770

Size: X: 272 Y: 202 W: 479 H: 364

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<

Screen: X: 510 Y: 353

Cursor ID: 2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

RGB: Hex: 0xFFFFFF Dec: 16777215

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

Size: X: 150 Y: 72 W: 306 H: 93

Control ID: 401

ClassNameNN: ISAVIEWCMPTCLASS1

Text: ISAVIEWCMPTWINDOW

Style: 0x50210000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

< &Back

&Next >

Cancel

Select the components you want to install, clear the components you do not want to install.

Space Required:

Space Available:

583252 K

47904 K

&Components

Description

Installs Database Manager, and related utility programs to administer Acceler8DB and AS/400 databases.

CutWinName

@10551

ISAVIEWCMPTWINDOW

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

@10550,10551;1;1;0,128,128;0,128,128

C

Yes indeed 47904 K is not the ControlID.. try 401 or ISAVIEWCMPTCLASS1 though it doesnt sounds like a checkbox

In the help file it states ControlCommand ( "title", "text", controlID, "command" [, "option"] )

I followed that to a T and put in ISAVIEWCMPTCLASS1 for ClassID.

ControlCommand("Select Components", "47904 K","ISAVIEWCMPTCLASS1","uncheck")

ControlCommand("Select Components", "ISAVIEWCMPTWINDOW","ISAVIEWCMPTCLASS1","uncheck")

ControlCommand("Select Components", "401","ISAVIEWCMPTCLASS1","uncheck")

Still no go.

Edited by vnavna