? about GuiCreate, styles, and system popup menus

sshrum

Q1: Is it possible to create and show at the same time, multi GUI's?

A1: I figured this one out...I needed to do GUISetState() right after each GuiCreate.

Q2: Is there such a style as: $WS_EX_BOTTOMMOST

Q3: Is there a way to capture right clicks on the GUI and show the Display Properties popup menu?

Q4: Is there a way to force the GUI to remain in the back? Even when being clicked on?

Reasoning:

I'm trying to write a multi-monitor Windows background chooser util that will allow me to define a different background for each of my monitors (I run 3; think of it as a lighter version of XP's Active Desktop in that it will only display images).

So far I have only been able to create a GUIs that start out on top. I'd like to make the GUI (and force it to stay) the last window (just above the Explorer background). I'd alos like it to retain the Display Properties popup menu that one would normally get when they secondary-click on the Explorer background.

Right now, I have my 3 GUIs displaying different images on each monitor (sweetness) :) ...I just need the finishing touches :whistle:

Any ideas?

TIA

Edited by sshrum

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

Q1: Is it possible to create and show at the same time, multi GUI's?

A1: I figured this one out...I needed to do GUISetState() right after each GuiCreate.

Q2: Is there such a style as: $WS_EX_BOTTOMMOST

Q3: Is there a way to capture right clicks on the GUI and show the Display Properties popup menu?

Q4: Is there a way to force the GUI to remain in the back? Even when being clicked on?

Reasoning:

I'm trying to write a multi-monitor Windows background chooser util that will allow me to define a different background for each of my monitors (I run 3; think of it as a lighter version of XP's Active Desktop in that it will only display images).

So far I have only been able to create a GUIs that start out on top. I'd like to make the GUI (and force it to stay) the last window (just above the Explorer background). I'd alos like it to retain the Display Properties popup menu that one would normally get when they secondary-click on the Explorer background.

Right now, I have my 3 GUIs displaying different images on each monitor (sweetness) :) ...I just need the finishing touches :whistle:

Any ideas?

TIA

Q2: No

Q3: Yes. You can capture the $WM_CONTEXTMENU message and do whatever you want. There is an example in the Auto3Lib Misc folder of how to capture a right click and display a popup menu.

Q4: Yes. Take a look at SetWindowPos, which is also implemented in Auto3Lib.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Thanks for the info...I looked at the links but am not very well versed in making calls the the DLLs.

Z-order is definately what I want to change...

Any help you can provide would be greatly apprechiated.

P.S. I poked around your function collection examples but didn't see anything that stood out to what I was looking for. :whistle:

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

Thanks for the info...I looked at the links but am not very well versed in making calls the the DLLs.

Z-order is definately what I want to change...

Any help you can provide would be greatly apprechiated.

P.S. I poked around your function collection examples but didn't see anything that stood out to what I was looking for. :whistle:

You don't need to make a DLL call. Just use the _API_SetWindowPos function in Auto3Lib. You'll need to pass the GUI handle and specify the Z order you want. The rest of the params are 0 except for the Flags, which you use to tell SetWindowPos not to activate, move or redraw the window. If you get stuck, post a small snippet of code in the Auto3Lib thread and I'll see what I can do to help out.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt