Icons on Desktop

Hello there!

I am not sure if there was mentioned about that..

Anyway, is it possible to change any( shortcut, file, folder ) icon by a script?

If so, any suggestions will be welcomed! ) :whistle:

Just to be sure... You mean, not actually changing anything in the file itself but rather change the icon that it shows in Explorer etc.?

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

You can set the icon for many filetypes in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry subkeys. For instance, HKCR\dqyfile\DefaultIcon sets the icon in the 'Default' value.

Maybe there are API calls for this too, perhaps one of the most esteemed API extremists knows more?

You can set the icon for many filetypes in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry subkeys. For instance, HKCR\dqyfile\DefaultIcon sets the icon in the 'Default' value.

Maybe there are API calls for this too, perhaps one of the most esteemed API extremists knows more?

Note that you probably need to log off and on for the changes to take effect, or restart explorer or something.

Thanx, I will try something..

:whistle: