Dxdiag Display Tests

I am trying to Script to run the tests in DXDIAG

I can do it successfully using

WinActivate("DirectX Diagnostic Tool")

ControlCommand ("DirectX Diagnostic Tool", "", "SysTabControl321", "TabRight", "" )

ControlCommand ("DirectX Diagnostic Tool", "", "SysTabControl321", "TabRight", "" )

WinActivate("DirectX Diagnostic Tool")

Send("!T!Y{Enter}")

This works Fine for DX 8 & 9 because it's the 3rd TAB on the Tab Control

But on DX7 it's the 5th Tab

I know on the tab/page that I want; the text "&Test DirectDraw" appears

How can I scroll through the tabs until I get to the page that has that text.

or

Is there a way to find out which Tab has the word 'Display' on it

Au3_Spy only shows

>>>>> Last Control Under Mouse <<<<<

Class: SysTabControl321

Text: Tab1

Regardless of which actual tab I hover my mouse over

or

Is there a way to determine the DX Version, So I could simply send 4 TabRight's instead of 2

Anybody out there got any ideas on the best approach to attack this one

You can get the DX version by piping the output of a dxdiag /t <file> to some file, and reading that with AutoIt. I get a line near the top that starts with " DirectX Version:" and then lists my current version. That should do what you want.

Edit: Actually, no need to pipe the output because that command will save the output to a text file. Do be careful though: it'll take a while for that file to be created, so you'll probably want a loop to test for its existance. Also be careful of an already existing file with that name.

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Do you know of any other DXDIAG switches?

Is their a better way for me to change the tab's than I'm doing?

Thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dxdiag /?

You could either read the text output of the switch I showed you above, or change tabs one by one and see if you can detect text in the window that would tell you you're on the right tab. Either one sounds good to me.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.