ControlMouse

I am trying to send mouse clicks, moves and keystrokes of keyboard to inactive windows, and I want these done whether I have those windows active or not !

ControlSend would do that, but not mousemove, which sends move events just like send, only to the front most window...

What is the equivalent of ControlSend for mouse events?

Or is there a way to do Mousemove and mouseclick differently ?

ControlClick is the equivalent of ControlSend for mouse events. Also check out ControlCommand.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

• Moderators

What significance is the mouse moving to an inactive window, if the mouse isn't doing anything?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I need to send keyboard and mouse events to inactive windows.

Have you not read anything that anyone has written?

For Inactive windows... use Control* functions... there's no exception... ControlSend() isn't working properly at the moment, so find the last beta or do without until it's released fix in 3.2.3.0.

This thread should be dead... as your questions have been answered already.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

For Inactive windows... use Control* functions... there's no exception... ControlSend() isn't working properly at the moment, so find the last beta or do without until it's released fix in 3.2.3.0.

Have you read anything I have written?

Mousemove only work on active windows.

Maybe you should stop pretending it will work without demonstration.

Or simply admit that it's a good feature to add.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41719

• Moderators

Have you read anything I have written?

Mousemove only work on active windows.

Maybe you should stop pretending it will work without demonstration.

Or simply admit that it's a good feature to add.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41719

Don't be a moron... I stopped reading when you stopped listening. Especially when I supplied an answer to your request that you obviously didn't research before you posted it.

Use controlsend. Latest Beta -> Helpfile -> Search -> ControlSend

Edited by Sardith

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

• Moderators

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&showfile=5

I click it beta ... it says it's from dec 9th 2006.

What am I not doing right ? : (

There is no beta for the 3.2.x release of AutoIt (of which ControlSend() is broken in). The last beta was for 3.1.xxx which december 9th sounds about right.

There is no beta for the 3.2.x release of AutoIt (of which ControlSend() is broken in). The last beta was for 3.1.xxx which december 9th sounds about right.

surely the beta back then doesn't have controlsend working to do mouse events right ?

would you mind handing me the awnser again ?

• Moderators

Look, I think you are confused on these functions.

1. MouseClick() requires a window to be active in order to initiate a response.

2. ControlClick() requires a window name, and a control id in order to click it.

3. ControlSend() (typically) requires a window name, and the text to send

4. _ClickInControl() which I provided in your other thread requires a window name/ x and y coords / and mostly a ControlID.

5. Your next best move would be _MouseClickPlus() which can be found using your forum search option.

Understand, that you are not going to get a "Mouse Movement" if the window is inactive, that totally defeats the purpose of it being inactive and is not needed.

If any of the answers 2 through 5 do not work for you, then it is not possible with what is currently available or written in AutoIt, you will either have to make the window active and use MouseClick() or figure out some DLLCalls() to make the 4th and 5th option work better for you.