Cmd Window Problem

Watt

How can i get data/strings/chars from a CMD window?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 methods.
  • If the command you used outputs to stdout (standard output) then you can pipe it to a file, and have AutoIt read that. To do this, just use command > file.txt and read the file for any output data.
  • If the command returns an exit code, use RunWait(), and store the return to a variable to get the exit code.
You cannot get the text that is in a command window using AutoIt.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

HI!!

Sorry, but the output of the CMD process has a moving progress bar (chars), and a percent number. I need the percent number. If i transferred the output (>) into a file, but the size of the output file was growing because of the progress bar... i tried to open this file and read in it, but i could not, always got back the same string... :ph34r:

006% ####......................................................................

This program what i run is the "nerocmd" from ahead...

THX

Alt+Space activates the window menu; E,S,Enter selects all text and copies it to the clipboard

$title = "Command Prompt";change as needed

WinActivate($title)
WinWaitActive($title)
Send("!{SPACE}es{ENTER}")

$text = ClipGet()

; sleep and repeat the above and compare the text
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

HI!

THX for alt+space!!!! useful thing :ph34r: i have to translate the E and S into the hungarian XP :(

By the way, will it work if i hide the CMD window? I will try... I am so tired...

CyberSlug if u have time (?) plz watch my other topic in BUG REPORT (FileSelectFolder). It is very interesting....

Thx

Watt