Timer....thing?

By definition, I would have to say no. You want to know when a certain amount of TIME has passed, but don't want to use the system CLOCK? Why not? Isn't its very purpose to do just that?

Although I suppose if you don't want to use the SYSTEM clock you can refer to another source, such as one on the internet. But why?

I do not know of any other method which could be considered 99% reliable at this.

Edit: if you are just looking for other ways of doing the same, though, you could try Adlibenable(). It allows you to run a function (which could be as simple as exiting the script, if you wanted) at given intervals, and could be an alternative to TimerInit()/TimerDiff() (depending on what you want to do)

Edited by improbability_paradox

Ooh, yeah, I forgot about adlib... does the speed of the computer greatly affect that? If it was every 1000ms for say, 5 minutes, would there be a noticeable difference between a fast or slow computer? I don't want to use the system clock due to the fact that it is so easy to change. Thanks for the ideas.