'Back' button hassles

Hasher

Hi

I have made a script that attaches to any Window in IE that has a 'http://' prefix and its working great , but when I click the back button several times I get this error . Is it just that I click 'back' to fast ? Is there any way I can avoid this probelm as it is a fatal error and shuts my app. I am sure you could recreate the error by making a script that attaches to a webpage and hitting the back button a few times in sucession

--> COM Error Encountered in test.au3
----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 
----> $IEComErrorNumberHex = 00000000
----> $IEComErrorNumber = 
----> $IEComErrorWinDescription = 
----> $IEComErrorDescription = 
----> $IEComErrorSource = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpFile = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpContext = 
----> $IEComErrorLastDllError = 

--> IE.au3 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IEStatus_NoMatch
--> IE.au3 Error from function _IEPropertyGet, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> COM Error Encountered in test.au3
----> $IEComErrorScriptline = 
----> $IEComErrorNumberHex = 00000000
----> $IEComErrorNumber = 
----> $IEComErrorWinDescription = 
----> $IEComErrorDescription = 
----> $IEComErrorSource = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpFile = 
----> $IEComErrorHelpContext = 
----> $IEComErrorLastDllError = 

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (4057) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".: 
$IEComErrorScriptline = $oIEErrorHandler.scriptline 
$IEComErrorScriptline = $oIEErrorHandler^ ERROR
oÝ÷ Ù'¢wj¹ë-îË«y8b²+&Ë@¶Öû§rبp'!Âä±ø§y»­Â§"¯z{`¢Ö§Â)Ý£hjÛZrh¶¬±Êâ¦ÛaÌ®x§ªiyªì{az)íê.¶­Â)Ý£¶ F®Ýf«)à~º&~éܶ*' @-µ§!Ó~+Z¶ë
 Æ­r¶ F®ÜJ뢷ë¢gîËb¢r>º)z»rëtߢJÖ­ºÂ'½©bt6­i

Thanks in advance to those that reply !!!!

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!

Regarding your first question, you'll need to create a small reproducer if you want help. I'm not going to try to guess at what you are doing.

Regarding your second question, the messages to the console are meant to be a convenience for debugging. You can easily turn them off with _IEErrorNotify() and then manage the evaluation of function return values and @error yourself.

Regarding code improvements, I have no idea what you are trying to do so commenting on the code would be a waste of time.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks Dale

I am going to sleep now but tomorrow I will post a more detailed idea of my problem. Either way you answered the second question.

Firefox's secret is the same as Jessica Simpson's: its effortless, glamorous style is the result of — shhh — extensions!