How to change default fonts in SciTEAutoIt3?

wizodd

:"> Stupid question:

This SHOULD be simple, but d^*^d if I can find a simple way to do it.

I cannnot easily read the default fonts in this editor.

Help says "CTRL+1" should bring up a menu to change fonts & stuff, but does nothing.

There are a number of other things in help to set such options (command line - can't get it to work with the WIN XP 'properties' editor for the shortcut --another simple thing I'm probably missing.)

A complete options set-up file, which I really don't want to get into at this time--way more than I need for a simple modification of the display!

So, how do I change my display fonts? PLEASE!? It's making me feel stupid after 35 years of coding!

-- old coders don't die, they just _____ --

Common sense isn't common.If you have to do something (boring) more than once--program it.

• Developers

:"> Stupid question:

This SHOULD be simple, but d^*^d if I can find a simple way to do it.

I cannnot easily read the default fonts in this editor.

Help says "CTRL+1" should bring up a menu to change fonts & stuff, but does nothing.

There are a number of other things in help to set such options (command line - can't get it to work with the WIN XP 'properties' editor for the shortcut --another simple thing I'm probably missing.)

A complete options set-up file, which I really don't want to get into at this time--way more than I need for a simple modification of the display!

So, how do I change my display fonts? PLEASE!? It's making me feel stupid after 35 years of coding!

-- old coders don't die, they just _____ --

Ctrl+1 will start SciTEConfig but only when you are editing a file with the AU3 file extension ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ctrl+1 will start SciTEConfig but only when you are editing a file with the AU3 file extension ....

Not, unfortunately, on my machine. And it's a new install yesterday.

:whistle:

Common sense isn't common.If you have to do something (boring) more than once--program it.

• Developers

Not, unfortunately, on my machine. And it's a new install yesterday.

Have you installed the FULL SciTE4Autoit3 or the one that comes with the AutoIt3 installer ?

You need the first mentioned one to have all the extra goodies :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Have you installed the FULL SciTE4Autoit3 or the one that comes with the AutoIt3 installer ?

You need the first mentioned one to have all the extra goodies :)

Well, now. Ididn't know that, but I was just thinking it might be an install problem...

Download page doesn't say anything about this that I remember...

thanx :whistle:

Well, I uninstalled the version shipped with the AutoIt installer,

downloaded and installed the SciETAutoIt3 installer,

And ran it again. Same result NULL....

Other suggestions?

Pointer to instructions for hand install?

?

• Developers

Well, I uninstalled the version shipped with the AutoIt installer,

downloaded and installed the SciETAutoIt3 installer,

And ran it again. Same result NULL....

Other suggestions?

Pointer to instructions for hand install?

?

There is nothing to uninstall for the SciTE "lite" version.

Just follow the install instructions in the link in my signature (Skip the Beta install). ( make sure SciTE is closed when installing the Full SciTE4AutoIt3.)

Open a file that has the AU3 extension.

Now under the Tools menu option , there should be a long list of extra option ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

There is nothing to uninstall for the SciTE "lite" version.

Just follow the install instructions in the link in my signature (Skip the Beta install). ( make sure SciTE is closed when installing the Full SciTE4AutoIt3.)

Open a file that has the AU3 extension.

Now under the Tools menu option , there should be a long list of extra option ...

:whistle: Hate to tell you this...but I have the same options list as before..but then this is the same version I last installed Installation: " 3. Download and install the latest SciTE4AutoIT3 from HERE"

I did note that even after uninstalling the first install of this there were a number of files skipped in the next installation...

Found it!

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

has a link to SciTEconfig.exe

under the 'hand install' section, dowloaded and run, my fonts are now radable!

Thanks guys, although we haven't figured it out, at least I have a work-around.

Now back to work...now where was I.... :)