Auto-List in menu

James

Hey,

I'm starting to make a web browser which will be added onto BetaPad to make a Beta Package :)

As far as:

• GUI
  • Settings
  • Tabs
is concerned, I am pretty sure that I can get them done without help :lol:

But the bit that I am finding tricky is the Favourites menu. I haven't got a clue how to list them in a menu?? :whistle:

I'm thinking that I would have to make a folder with all the favourites (I know there is one) and put them into an array, then list them on the menu. But I don't know how to do such a thing... That is listing them.

Secure

• Moderators

I'm thinking that I would have to make a folder with all the favourites (I know there is one) and put them into an array, then list them on the menu. But I don't know how to do such a thing... That is listing them.

You could use an .ini and use the Ini* functions.

You could use GUICtrlRead(), FileWrite, FileReadToArray... Plenty of functions to work with... why don't you try some out first... then post some code and a question.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Well, I was going to post some code, but I thought it would be better to get an understanding of how it could work first.

That's what I was thinking of doing, so maybe I will start tomorrow, well maybe the day after, I got a friend coming to mine..

I've said it before.. and I'll say it again...

You have to have "structure". Make a plan... do Steps 1 through how ever many you want for that specific task.

Example:

• Combo Box
  • Get File data
    • Read File to Array
    • Parse File
    • etc...
  • Load to combo
That way you can structure you code as necessary.... and you'll have a better understanding yourself exactly what it is you need to do.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.