FreezePC Minutes Edition Not Working! (Seconds Edition Included)

#comments-start
Program Name: FreezePC Seconds Edition
Version: 0.5
Aim: Locks the PC from any input for selected amount of seconds.
Code Difficulty: Easy
#comments-end

$minutes = InputBox("FreezePC Seconds Edition","How many minutes would you like the computer to be frozen for?  NOTE: You cannot get out of frozen mode until the time is up, without restarting your computer!!!","60")
$minutes2 = $minutes & "000"

MsgBox(0,"FreezePC Seconds Edition","Your PC will freeze in 5 seconds.")

Sleep(5000)
BlockInput(1)
Sleep($minutes2)
BlockInput(0)

MsgBox(0,"FreezePC Seconds Edition","The PC has been unlocked!  Have fun!")

Okay, so basically I did this to lock my PC from my sisters sometime. Anyways, the problem I'm having is making the minutes edition. It should be pretty easy except here all I have to do is at 000. But I don't know how to make it minutes. Any help?

[center]My BlogOldSock Programs (AutoIT Apps)A Message to Hackers! (NOT SKIDDIES!)OldSock Programs is my little "company."[/center]

Hmm, you shouldn't have "" surrounding the number 60000(this means it's a string), and you don't use math (+-/*) with strings(even though autoit might not care about it)

Correct usage would be:

$ThisIsAString = "This is a string"
$ThisIsANumber = 123
oÝ÷ Ø    Ý|¨º·±æ®¶­s`¢b33c¶ÖçWFW3"Òb33c¶ÖçWFW2¢c oÝ÷ Ù8hºfÊÞ}êëyÜÊÚ¢+p¢é]m殶­s`¢b33c¶ÖçWFW2Òb33c¶ÖçWFW2££c²v6ÖVç2FRfÇVRâb33c¶ÖçWFW2vWG2FR&W7VÇBöbFRWVFöâb33c¶ÖçWFW2££c

Note that you do not need another variable ( $minutes2 in your case ).

Edit:

Clarified, fixed spelling misstake

Edited by FreeFry

Adding another post to make it visible:

If you want, I could post an example script(actually it's more like a project I was working on) which uses passwords, and has sound effects when wrong/correct password has been entered)

This totally makes it impossible to unlock the computer without knowing the password.(though you can still press ctrl+alt+delete to logout :/ I couldn't find any way

around that sorry.

Edit:

Hehe :whistle:

Edited by FreeFry

example scripts would be great, thanks for my cocrection.

EDIT: i didnt think you needed two variables, you dont in ph, but im new to autoit so i didnt want it to fail :whistle:

2nd EDIT: couldnt you check to see if taskmgr.exe is running and if so close it? the problem is, how often would you check?

Edited by HardHackz

[center]My BlogOldSock Programs (AutoIT Apps)A Message to Hackers! (NOT SKIDDIES!)OldSock Programs is my little "company."[/center]

Hehe, ok, I've attached it(though I dunno if it's legal to use the sound effects I'm including with this program unless you own a quake3 copy :))

Edit:

As response to above:

Well, not on all computers the taskmanager opens when you press ctrl+alt+delete (mine doesn't), and that's because some people have the "Client Service for NetWare" installed.

Anyways, my program I attached will prevent the usage of taskmanager anyway. :whistle:

Secure_Computer.zip

Edited by FreeFry

Well, I don't think the demo will do, but I don't think ID Software will sue you if you use this anyway(they'll probably sue me if anyone lol), but I think it's ok.

Edit:

If anyone thinks this is a great tool or anything, tell me, and I'll create a new thread for it and "officially" release it. :whistle:

Edited by FreeFry

Wow! Your thing is perfect, Ctrl + Alt + Del don't work because you can't click on it. Nice!

EDIT: oh my god! that denied scared the fuck out of me! wow...i jumped 6 feet in the air

Edited by HardHackz

Why do You want to lock your PC? Can't you better logout and don't tell teh password ?

Anyway, maybe some other useful thingy is this.

Run(@WindowsDir&"\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation")

Edit : Run(@SystemDir&"\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation") also possible...

This will lock your station and if you have your account password protected it will do the same thing.

Or is the program intended to do something else ?

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by Kevin_nl

• 2 months later...

Why do You want to lock your PC? Can't you better logout and don't tell teh password ?

Anyway, maybe some other useful thingy is this.

Run(@WindowsDir&"\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation")

Edit : Run(@SystemDir&"\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation") also possible...

This will lock your station and if you have your account password protected it will do the same thing.

Or is the program intended to do something else ?

Regards,

Kevin

With this, you could customize it - you're in control of the interface, and you decide how it looks like. :)

Edit:

Late replies ftw..

Edited by FreeFry