FreezePC

Hello, I'm creating a script called FreezePC to freeze a computer for a certain amount of time, while doing this, I realized it CAN be unlocked by click Ctrl + Alt + Del. It uses Block Input. Is there any way to turn this off and possibly turn a different one on?

[center]My BlogOldSock Programs (AutoIT Apps)A Message to Hackers! (NOT SKIDDIES!)OldSock Programs is my little "company."[/center]

Hello, I'm creating a script called FreezePC to freeze a computer for a certain amount of time, while doing this, I realized it CAN be unlocked by click Ctrl + Alt + Del. It uses Block Input. Is there any way to turn this off and possibly turn a different one on?

I remember making a PC Lock in Visual Basic for Windows XP, but i think they oat the way i did it in SP2.

Let me try it out and ill report back..

[center][u]WoW Machinima Tool[/u] (Tool for Machinima Artists) [/center]

PLEASE: Stop asking every question that pops into your mind, it's simply annoying. Figure some things out on your own! You musn't post a new topic every 2 minutes asking for help. LOOK INSIDE THE HELPFILE!!!

Kurt

PS: Why would people help you create a (possibly) malicious script? That's dumb.

Awaiting Diablo III..

PLEASE: Stop asking every question that pops into your mind, it's simply annoying. Figure some things out on your own! You musn't post a new topic every 2 minutes asking for help. LOOK INSIDE THE HELPFILE!!!

Kurt

PS: Why would people help you create a (possibly) malicious script? That's dumb.

1. I'm not, I do check the help file.

2. How the hell is it malicious? It's safe. It locks your computer from people trying to access it.

[center]My BlogOldSock Programs (AutoIT Apps)A Message to Hackers! (NOT SKIDDIES!)OldSock Programs is my little "company."[/center]

1. I'm not, I do check the help file.

What? Now you are just lying. You've posted 4 topics since 1:28 today! That's...ugh, how to describe this?... got it! You're pulling a Secure_ICT!

And if you had been using the helpfile & searching the forum, it would be pretty easy to find your answers. Also, on top of that, you don't post any code

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

What? Now you are just lying. You've posted 4 topics since 1:28 today! That's...ugh, how to describe this?... got it! You're pulling a Secure_ICT!

And if you had been using the helpfile & searching the forum, it would be pretty easy to find your answers. Also, on top of that, you don't post any code

Kurt

okay, im not going to argue with you, i have already posted this code in a diff. topic

By the way, on this topic there are a ridiculous large amount of questions and every time the question is asked we answer the same: You simply cannot block Ctrl+Alt+Del. You can assign a new executable to be run when these keys are pressed, but noone knows how.. So you ARE on your own.

i saw a program (not made in AutoIT) that does it, so i thought maybe the same hotkey could close it..but of course you cant assign that hotkey. there'e got to be a way for it to chck tosee if taskmgr has been opened every few seconds...wait no, that wouldnt work...becasue you would still have input back o.0

You simply cannot block Ctrl+Alt+Del

And what about other keys? there Power key and Sleep, can i block them?

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

While 1
if WinActive("Windows Task Manager")Then
WinClose("Windows Task Manager")
EndIf
Sleep(100)
WEnd

did any one ever think of this...

it doesnt dissable anything... but it will privent

it will close it as soon as it's been opened, but if it does open, then their keys/mouse will be unlocked

it will close it as soon as it's been opened, but if it does open, then their keys/mouse will be unlocked

while it may not be ideal, what is stopping you from locking them again?

While 1
BlockInput(1)
EndIf
Sleep(50)
WEnd

obviously, there will be a gap between when the keys are pressed and the taskmanager shows up, but you can probably discover if the keys/mouse have been unlocked by other means. For example, you can use MouseGetPos() to see if the mouse has been moved. Or maybe a better method would be using Larry's hook.dll http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry161698 Although I have never tried it, so I couldn't tell you how.

But, the way I look at it, if someone is determined enough they will figure out a way around what you are trying to do. If you are trying to keep you family off your computer, I think a more effective means may be putting a lock on your door.

while it may not be ideal, what is stopping you from locking them again?

While 1
BlockInput(1)
EndIf
Sleep(50)
WEnd

obviously, there will be a gap between when the keys are pressed and the taskmanager shows up, but you can probably discover if the keys/mouse have been unlocked by other means. For example, you can use MouseGetPos() to see if the mouse has been moved. Or maybe a better method would be using Larry's hook.dll http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry161698 Although I have never tried it, so I couldn't tell you how.

But, the way I look at it, if someone is determined enough they will figure out a way around what you are trying to do. If you are trying to keep you family off your computer, I think a more effective means may be putting a lock on your door.

Ohhhh...I didn't see the extra BlockInput you put in there. The only problem is this: we don't know how long the sleep has been waiting. Because I don't want them to have to wait longer/shorter to get on.

Ohhhh...I didn't see the extra BlockInput you put in there. The only problem is this: we don't know how long the sleep has been waiting. Because I don't want them to have to wait longer/shorter to get on.

I was only giving a suggestion to help solve a certain aspect of your problem. You could use AdlibEnable to check for the taskmanager (or other things) at a given interval, or you can also use TimerInit()/TimerDiff() to tell how much time has elapsed since you script started. For example...

$LockOutTime=;number of milliseconds...
$StartTime=TimerInit()
do
;do whatever you want to here...
sleep(50)
until TimerDiff($StartTime)>$LockOutTime