Software Detection, im noob

Yotam

• Moderators

Again, I am not trying to offend smoke, but if your child tries to find the answer or do something when your not around, would you not ask, "Did you try and do it on your own?" and if your child says, "Yes, sir, I did try to do it on my own.", and even though you weren't around, would you believe him/her and then try to help him/her with their question?

That's a rediculous analogy, of course I believe my children, I raised them, and know them... And they get the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

Like many here that have proven themselves over the time... They don't have to go through all the hoopla, everyone knows they have tried, but better yet, their questions are very detailed, and 99% of the time, have the failed code to go with it, which makes for precise and accurate solutions, rather than chasing the answer around all their cryptic questions.

However, as a new poster or old for that matter, no matter how good you are, you have to prove yourself sometime to get that kind of "forum" respect.

I remember a saying from when I was a child, "There is no such thing as a stupid question, even if the question has been asked millions of times." Don't you think that the teachers, instructors, when we kids were sick and tired of the same questions over and over again? Yeah, I am sure they were, but they are there for a reason. To teach what they know to anyone that is wanting to know. It is better to quinch the thirst that you have for knowledge then to just go thirsty right?

You should get your facts straight about me, before you put me in the same category as the above.

The only ridicule you'll see from me is if someone is being lazy or ignorant. You (or anyone else) may choose to just overlook ignorance (Many say just don't post), that is your prerogative... But by overlooking it, you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

@Everyone else...

Everyone keeps saying... not to offend you smoke, or blah blah blah smoke... if you have an issue with me... start a F**k Off smoke thread in Chat or something... Which is where something like this belongs I would think.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hmmmm this post has gone way beyond my intents, and gone a bit off topic...

and a little idea that imo wont hurt anyone in this forum, when any of you may think a noob (like me) asks a common question without searching it prior to the post, instead of just suggesting to search it up, you may suggest any keywords that can help a newbie in his/her search for answers.

thanks anyways though, i might take a look at AHK.

I'm rather new to this forum, but at a previous development forum of mine, after years of great discussions, we began having a problem with an increasing abundance of posts of that nature which you've mentioned here. All of the original members discussed and tried many things from the excessively welcome to the brutally outspoken and everthing in between.

However, the thing worked in the end was properly sorting the forum. We added a Beginners board where those kinds of posts went, so that, by a few months later, I no longer saw a single post that I didn't want to read. The people who wanted to help beginners, went there and helped. The people who wanted to have advanced conversations stayed out.

I personally think that the organization is terrible here. General Help and Support should definately not be a single category. The trick to having good forum interactions, is to put the right people with the right people...i.e. catagories!

"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell [The Philosophy of Logical Atomism]