keydown/up in another window?

Traddles

I would like to have something like this:

I run the script and it records keydowns and keyups that are being sent to another window (like a game for instance) and if I could then record these keydowns and keyups and put sleeps in between for how long the person held that button in for I could have a nice little script for recording macros (spesifically for games)

if what I am trying to do is not clear enough I can give an example and some of the basic code that I have written so far (but with large chunks missing)

• Moderators

I would like to have something like this:

I run the script and it records keydowns and keyups that are being sent to another window (like a game for instance) and if I could then record these keydowns and keyups and put sleeps in between for how long the person held that button in for I could have a nice little script for recording macros (spesifically for games)

if what I am trying to do is not clear enough I can give an example and some of the basic code that I have written so far (but with large chunks missing)

It's pretty clear, but key loggers are frowned on here, despite whether their intentions are admirable or not.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

really?

that's a shame. I'm all about shortcut keys and making my computer do exactly what I want with as little keypresses/mousemoves as possible. Which is why I took on this little project. the idea of a global macro creator/editor just sounds really interesting and I've yet to find a program that does it well.

why exactly are "keyloggers" frowned on anyway? Wouldn't one need a password to get into someones computer in order to install such a script (assuming that it's frowned upon for being "hackerish")?

really?

that's a shame. I'm all about shortcut keys and making my computer do exactly what I want with as little keypresses/mousemoves as possible. Which is why I took on this little project. the idea of a global macro creator/editor just sounds really interesting and I've yet to find a program that does it well.

why exactly are "keyloggers" frowned on anyway? Wouldn't one need a password to get into someones computer in order to install such a script (assuming that it's frowned upon for being "hackerish")?

In SciTe there is a tool that can help you make bots for games and such.. It's called Au3Recorder. I'm not sure if it captures key presses too but I'm positive about mouse moves and sleep.

I've been told AutoIt has bad publicity, as it is an interpreted language whenever someone writes malicious code (virus, trojan, keylogger) every single executable with the same version gets flagged as harmful, and is deleted by anti-virus company's. Usually it takes a few days to convince those companies that not all AutoIt executables are 'infected' but just that one.. So.. That's why key loggers are bad PR.

But keyloggers can be for good reasons, but I guess that some people don't understand that. Keyloggers can help an admin monitor their system. Or a parent monitor their child.

You're right. For those people I can suggest picking up a professional keylogger, works a lot better then those AutoIt based ones (Yes, they do exist).