_MaxArrayIndex on n-dimensional arrays

Not a big deal, but I have a 2-dimensional array, currently 10 x 4 (the 4 being constant for each first element) I wondered if it was possible to compute the max array element for the first subscript?

Given that I am populating the array in my code it isn't a big deal (I have just declared a constant that I alter when I add rows to the array) but it kindof "offends my programmers sensibilities" to not be able to determine the max first subscript programmatically.

Not a big deal, but I have a 2-dimensional array, currently 10 x 4 (the 4 being constant for each first element) I wondered if it was possible to compute the max array element for the first subscript?

Given that I am populating the array in my code it isn't a big deal (I have just declared a constant that I alter when I add rows to the array) but it kindof "offends my programmers sensibilities" to not be able to determine the max first subscript programmatically.

have a look at UBound().

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

have a look at UBound().

UBound returns the size of an array dimension. I don't think that's what he means. He means something like this, which does not work:

; this code gives an error in Array.au3 because _arrayMax(Index) wants a single-dimensioned array.
#include <Array.au3>

Dim $testArray[3][3]

For $x=0 To 2
    For $y=0 To 2
        $testArray[$x][$y]=4*$x+8*$y
    Next
Next

MsgBox(0,"test","Biggest value in testArray - "&_ArrayMax($testArray))

I wanted to do this too some time ago, but since it did not work, I created a workaround by using a nested for-loop for both dimensions and checking myself (but those were 2 dimensions with less than 50 elements, and search speed was not a big issue so I did not bother to look for a more professional approach).

If anyone has better ideas about this then I would like to know too :whistle:

/edit: typo

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.