Idiot's Error

Ok, this was a rookie mistake, I'll admit, but here's what happened.

I was making a script with an 'uninstall' function (as it hooked into the registry) I always made sure to copy it AND keep a open editing window open. Well it worked. Once I was done with the script, I was worried about using '@ScriptName' for my uninstall as a .exe, so I quick compiled (right clicked, hit compile) and opend up the .exe, it all worked, so I hit uninstall. As the warning came up, my mind screamed "copy your script!" but my hand said no. I also happened to have closed my editer version.

Long story short, I lost my source, and apparently, it needs working on before release (as the uninsall doesn't work)

How can I decompile the .exe now? I tried Exe2Aut but it gives me a passphrase error, even though I never set one.

• Moderators

Ok, this was a rookie mistake, I'll admit, but here's what happened.

I was making a script with an 'uninstall' function (as it hooked into the registry) I always made sure to copy it AND keep a open editing window open. Well it worked. Once I was done with the script, I was worried about using '@ScriptName' for my uninstall as a .exe, so I quick compiled (right clicked, hit compile) and opend up the .exe, it all worked, so I hit uninstall. As the warning came up, my mind screamed "copy your script!" but my hand said no. I also happened to have closed my editer version.

Long story short, I lost my source, and apparently, it needs working on before release (as the uninsall doesn't work)

How can I decompile the .exe now? I tried Exe2Aut but it gives me a passphrase error, even though I never set one.

Re-Write it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Is that the only option? It took quite a while to write >.<

That's the only option.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.