Proxy On/Off In specsific Wireless Zone

Hi. I'm very luck for my school to be able to provide us with laptops, and it is getting very annoying to be having to turn the proxy on and off every time i need to use the internet. How can i detect if i am connected to a network and then turn theh proxy on or off.

Thanks

Use a Wpad.dat file. Create the following file, say C:\wpad.dat, with these contents (modify to match your network(s) and proxy(s)):

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "192.168.1.0", "255.255.255.0")) return "PROXY 192.168.1.1:8080";
if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.255.255.0")) return "PROXY 10.0.0.1:8080";
return "DIRECT";
}

Then go into Internet Explorer or Firefox connection settings, and tell it to use the automatic configuration script "c:\wpad.dat"

Bingo presto, it always picks the right thing depending on your current IP address.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

Also, if your network admins at your school have set up their DHCP to provide an automatic configuration script (similar to what you see above) then all you'd have to do is check Automatically Detect Settings, and nothing else, ever.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

Also, if your network admins at your school have set up their DHCP to provide an automatic configuration script (similar to what you see above) then all you'd have to do is check Automatically Detect Settings, and nothing else, ever.

Thanks. :whistle: