Emulate Drag & Drop

Hello... and sorry for my bad English

I have a program, called WSCMA.EXE ()

(see http://smaf-yamaha.com/tools/wscma2s_rn.html)

intended to convert .WAV sound files to .MMF sound files.

This program have only one way to accept WAV-files for converting to .MMF

and this way is drag&drop. So if I want to convert one .WAV file to .MMF format

(used in my mobile phone) I need to run WSCMA.EXE and then drag one .WAV file

onto the little blue window of WSCMA.EXE.

My goal is making script with AutoIt v3 for batch converting of .WAV files to .MMF

So my question is: can I do 'drop' a file with known path and name onto

control with known ControlID in window with known title?

I read this forum around @GUI_DragFile etc but all of this not suitable for my goal

or, maybe I too dumb to understand how can I drag and drop file to WSCMA.EXE

window with help of AutoIt.

Help me please.

Thank You.

can I do 'drop' a file with known path and name onto

control with known ControlID in window with known title?

I think it is not practical to do, how the script will know what file to drag.... or just maby, you can open the folder that this file in (ShellExecute() and extract the path to file), and then drag the file using MouseClickDrag(), but you must known the exact coords of a file, witch you can get using PixelSearch(), but as you already see, this will be not stable and not practical :whistle: .

P.S

Maby it can be done by DllCall funcs, but i'am not an expert on them.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Here how you can try (set the $DestCoordX and $DestCoordY as center coords of your program window):

Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)
Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2)

$DestCoordX = 150
$DestCoordY = 150

$FileName = "Test.txt"
$FilePath = "c:\"

ShellExecute($FilePath)

Sleep(1000)

Send($FileName, 1)

Sleep(1000)

$Coord = PixelSearch(0, 0, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, 0x335EA8)

MouseClickDrag("left", $Coord[0], $Coord[1], $DestCoordX, $DestCoordY, 5)

But again, it is not stable.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Just a thought, but perhaps you can try sending the full path of the file to the control using ControlSend(). I think that it is worth a shot. Don't worry so much about how to get the full path just yet: you can hardoced it in ($fullpathname="C:\...\mymp3.mp3") for the test just to see if it will work, and then if it does we can help you develop code for obtaining the path. If you want to give it a shot, look up ControlSend() in the helpfile for examples.

Paulie> MouseClickDrag()

HardHackz> To do this, the pixels have to be the same every time

Yes, I can run WSCMA.EXE and EXPLORER.EXE from my AutoIt-script,

but I don't know pixel coordinates of filename in explorer window

do drag onto WSCMA.EXE window. Get this coordinates it too hard,

because of many reasons (I think all of you understand that).

Furthermore, I figure out that fuctions like MouseMove etc

works not stable itself when I was trying to use this functions

and playing with MouseCoordMode() and speed-parameter.

Mihal> can I do 'drop' a file with known path and name onto

Mihal> control with known ControlID in window with known title?

MsCreatoR> I think it is not practical to do,

MsCreatoR> how the script will know what file to drag....

Yes, script definitely know path and name of file to drag,

but don't know pixel-coordinates of filename to use MouseClickDrag()

so I don't want to use MouseClickDrag(), but I don't know,

what I can use instead.

improbability_pa...> Just a thought, but perhaps you can try sending the full

improbability_pa...> path of the file to the control using ControlSend().

I was trying to use ControlSend and ControlSetText

and ControlCommand a couple day before...

Run("wscma.exe")

WinWait("WSC-MA2")

ControlSend ("WSC-MA2", "", "Static1", "c:\aaa.wav" )

ControlSend ("WSC-MA2", "", 1002, "c:\aaa.wav" )

ControlSetText ("WSC-MA2", "", "Static1", "c:\aaa.wav" )

ControlSetText ("WSC-MA2", "", 1002, "c:\aaa.wav" )

ControlCommand ("WSC-MA2", "", "Static1", "EditPaste", "c:\aaa.wav")

ControlCommand ("WSC-MA2", "", 1002, "EditPaste", "c:\aaa.wav")

...but nothing happens :)

-------------------------

Right now I playing around GUICtrlSendMsg, trying to send

a message WM_DROPFILES to appropriate control in WSCMA.EXE,

but can't do a working piece of code :lol:

Here is info:

-from-autoit-help-file-------------------------------------------

GUICtrlSendMsg -Send a message to a control.

GUICtrlSendMsg ( controlID, msg , wParam, lParam )

Parameters:

controlID The control identifier (controlID) as returned by a GUICtrlCreate... function.

msg type of message to be send to the control as defined in the Windows control documentation.

wParam The first param to send to the control.

lParam The second param to send to the control.

Return Value

Success: Returns the value returned by the SendMessage Windows API.

Failure: Returns 0.

-from-microsoft-site--------------------------------------------

-http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/messages/wm_dropfiles.asp-

WM_DROPFILES Message

Sent when the user drops a file on the window of an application

that has registered itself as a recipient of dropped files.

To send this message, call the SendMessage function as follows.

lResult = SendMessage( // returns LRESULT in lResult

(HWND) hWndControl, // handle to destination control

(UINT) WM_DROPFILES, // message ID

(WPARAM) wParam, // = (WPARAM) (HDROP) hDrop;

(LPARAM) lParam // = 0; not used, must be zero

);

Parameters

hDrop - Handle to an internal structure describing the dropped files.

Pass this handle DragFinish, DragQueryFile, or DragQueryPoint

to retrieve information about the dropped files.

lParam - Must be zero.

-from-google--------------------------------

#define WM_DROPFILES 0x0233

---------------------------------------------

...to be continued :whistle:

First of all, put what ever you like to quote in [quоte][/quоte] tags :whistle:...

About the drag abbility.... are you sure that the program is not able to accept files by command line parametrs?

About my previous post - this way is better:

Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)
Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2)

$DestCoordX = 150
$DestCoordY = 150

$FileName = "Test.txt"
$FilePath = "c:\"

ShellExecute("Explorer.exe", "/select," & $FilePath)

Sleep(1000)

MouseClickDrag("left", $Coord[0], $Coord[1], $DestCoordX, $DestCoordY, 5)

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Here we go, this work just fine for me, so i gues this is your best shot :whistle: :

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
Opt("RunErrorsFatal", 0)

$WSCTitle = "WSC-MA2"
$FileName = "CoolGuitar.wav"
$FilePath = @ScriptDir & "\" & $FileName
$ExplTitle = StringRegExpReplace(StringRegExpReplace($FilePath, '\\[^\\]*$', ''), '^.*\\', '')

If Not FileExists($FilePath) Then
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "Can not Find file: " & $FilePath)
    Exit
EndIf

$IsOpened = 0
If WinExists($ExplTitle) Then $IsOpened = 1

Run("wscma2u.exe")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "Can not Run wscma2u.exe")
    Exit
EndIf
WinWait($WSCTitle, "", 10)
WinMove($WSCTitle, "", 0, 0)
WinSetOnTop($WSCTitle, "", 1)
$WSCPos = WinGetPos($WSCTitle)

If IsArray($WSCPos) Then
    $DestCoordX = $WSCPos[0] + 50
    $DestCoordY = $WSCPos[1] + 50
Else
    $DestCoordX = 120
    $DestCoordY = 120
EndIf

Run("Explorer.exe /select," & $FilePath, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
WinWait($ExplTitle, "", 5)
If Not WinExists($ExplTitle) Then
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "Can not Find window: " & $ExplTitle)
    Exit
EndIf

If $IsOpened Then Send($FileName, 1)

Opt("PixelCoordMode", 2)

If IsArray($Coord) Then
    Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2)
    MouseClickDrag("left", $Coord[0], $Coord[1], $DestCoordX, $DestCoordY, 0)
EndIf
If $IsOpened = 0 Then WinClose($ExplTitle)
WinSetOnTop($WSCTitle, "", 0)

For testing, put this script, the program wscma2u.exe and the file CoolGuitar.wav in the same folder, close the folder and run the script from SciTE - this way is the best demonstration :) .

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

[quоte]

First of all, put what ever you like to quote in [quоte][/quоte] tags ...

[/quоte]

I'll try

[quоte]

About the drag abbility.... are you sure that the program is not able to accept files by command line parametrs?

[/quоte]

yes I sure

about You code:

thank You very much for helping me. I know more about AHK reading You code :whistle:

but this code not working on my PC right now, maybe because I use classic color-sheme of windows

can You give me an answer on couple of question:

1) what is 0x335EA8 ?

is this color of selection (blue rectangle around filename, selected in explorer window)

2) what is purpose of this string?

thanks

I'll try

Don't copy thoese tags from my post :whistle: , i used with russian letter in the midle, you can use the “Wrap in quote tags” button above the input form.

1) what is 0x335EA8 ?

is this color of selection (blue rectangle around filename, selected in explorer window)

Yes it is, just change that color as it shown from Au3Info Tool (when you hover the selected file between words).

2) what is purpose of this string?

This is checking system, if the window already was opened before we was trying to open it (to find a file), then we do not want to close it (or you do want?)... see at the beginig of script:

$IsOpened = 0

If WinExists($ExplTitle) Then $IsOpened = 1

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Don't copy thoese tags from my post , i used with russian letter in the midle

:whistle:))

little trick with "o" that make me wonder "why even my quote tag not working, not only my scripts?" :)

(btw, I'm russian)

This is checking system, if the window already was opened before we was trying to open it (to find a file)

Yes, it's clear for me. I understand "If $IsOpened Then"

but that I don't understant was "Send($FileName, 1)"

(probably I can't ask a question right)

what is purpose of "Send($FileName, 1)" ?

first I think this "send" is for selecting file "$FileName" in explorer window,

but then I saw that file already selected with "/select,"

Am i the only one who noticed this?

sorry.

certainly, I mean "AutoIt v3".

I was reading two forums and writing to it (autoit and autohotkey), many other posts, many examples,

two different help-files, and help on win32 API (win32sdk)... too many information, too deep night :lol:

so this two programs, its ability, and even its names was mixed in my head.

sorry, MsCreator I mean that I get more knowlege from Your posts about AutoIt.

Edited by Mihal

By the way, I found many useful info about my problem on AutoHotKey forum.

On that forum 3-5 peoples was asking about this problem and one man was asking

specifikally about Yamaha's WSCMA2U.EXE program...

Briefly, only way (possible in practise) to do "drad and drop" is to do it with MouseClickDrag etc :)

This way, for some reason, not fully suitable, because of instability and complexity to

realise batch processing a group of files... but there is only one.

Attempts to "emulate" drag&drop with functions like "SendMessage(bla-bla,WM_DROPFILES,bla-bla)"

have no success at the moment :(

Last night I dreamed only 2-3 hours, and my dream was about internal (core-level)

function in AutoIt like " DragFileOnto('WSC-MA2','c:\path\myfile.wav') " :whistle::):lol:

Edited by Mihal

what is purpose of "Send($FileName, 1)" ?

first I think this "send" is for selecting file "$FileName" in explorer window,

but then I saw that file already selected with "/select,"

Yes, It Is for select the file, because if the window already was opened, then /select wont work with explorer, then we just send the whole name that the file will be selecyed, not so butefull (flicking all explorer window etc), but it works :whistle:

About the WSCMA2U.EXE, maby there other analog to this program that will work fine with command line parameters? (try search on the net “wav2mmf”).

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Yes, It Is for select the file, because if the window already was opened, then /select wont work

I not understand it before because I was trying to check _manually_, how files in explorer is selecting

when I type filename on keyboards, and I type filenames _too_slow_ :) so selection as made only

by one letter (first in filename) that I pressed :lol:

Now I try to type filenames fast and I see - this way of selecting file in explorer window is working...

As said - "Live and Learn" :)

About the WSCMA2U.EXE, maby there other analog to this program that will work fine with command line parameters? (try search on the net “wav2mmf”).

It is sad, but all other programs (that I saw) to converting WAV to MMF only show dialog box

"Dear user, right now will opened two windows - Explorer and little blue window in center of the screen

and You should drag file xxxxxx.WAV with you mouse from Explorer window to little blue window"...

All another program just use wscma2u.exe to really convertion :(

-----

Now question about anoher possible approach in solwing my problem with help of MouseDragSelect.

Files that I want to convert in one batch - that is _six_ files with known path and filenames

It is possible to drag files not from explorer window, but from my script window?

It is possible to write script that create some window, that show names of my six files

in some control like ListBox etc that allow to drag files from it to WSCMA2U-window?

the advantage is that I know coordinates of each file (because they shown in "my own" window),

and this window shows only this six .WAV files intended to convert and don't mix it with

other files (temporary, MP3s from which I made WAVs etc) like explorer do.

Rigth now I playing with FileOpenDialog (see below) - this is much better than explorer,

because let me use filter, to show only files that intended for convert,

but view of FileOpen-window is different, dependant of setings of desctop on different computers,

so I have a hope change FileOpenDialog with own window, that will be maked with GUI-functions of AutoIt.

Run("wscma.exe")
WinWait("WSC-MA2")
$res = FileOpenDialog("Drop this six files to nice blue Yamaha's WSC-MA2 window", @WorkingDir , "Six files to drop (*_32.wav;*_40.wav;*_48.wav;*_64.wav;*_80.wav;*_200.wav)", 2)
Edited by Mihal

• 1 year later...