Bid for autoit work

I stopped reading your post here. You dont want to get paid for something you can do for free!??!?!

Thats why I make 200,000$ a year selling the stuff I "do for free" and your sitting here critizing me about trying to pay someone for their "free" work.

What is it called when all you do all day is post in a forum? Is it trolling or something like that? I don't know, I got what I came for and now you look like a fool, fair deal to me.

Some people actually believe that software should be free. Free Software Foundation.

I think this is a moral issue here, would you take $200 from this guy or would you rather teach him how, with a little time and effort he could do it himself and save his $200?

I think most people would rather he learns how to do what appears to a fairly straight forward job.

If he does`nt want to do any work on this, then he`s in the wrong place, IMO this forum is all about learning how to do stuff, Autoit is free and people freely post code here for others to learn from and use.

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

• Moderators

Autoit is free and people freely post code here for others to learn from and use.

So is C++

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I stopped reading your post here. You dont want to get paid for something you can do for free!??!?!

Thats why I make 200,000$ a year selling the stuff I "do for free" and your sitting here critizing me about trying to pay someone for their "free" work.

What is it called when all you do all day is post in a forum? Is it trolling or something like that? I don't know, I got what I came for and now you look like a fool, fair deal to me.

I am not trying to do anything except, help you learn. If you want to pay some of your 200,000 dollars to have someone do something you are unable or unwilling to learn to do for yourself then have at it - just don't post it here.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Yes, but this forum is about Autoit, not C++ and autoit is a hell of lot easier to write programs with than C++! :whistle:

There`s lots of other free programming languages, Python, Ruby, Phrogram, C++, you use whichever you feel most comfortable with, I find that autoit best suits me.

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

• Moderators

I think this is a moral issue here, would you take $200 from this guy or would you rather teach him

Yes, but this forum is about Autoit, not C++ and autoit is a hell of lot easier to write programs with than C++! :whistle:

There`s lots of other free programming languages, Python, Ruby, Phrogram, C++, you use whichever you feel most comfortable with, I find that autoit best suits me.

Sorry, guess you missed my point... you said:

how, with a little time and effort he could do it himself and save his $200?

I think most people would rather he learns how to do what appears to a fairly straight forward job.

If he does`nt want to do any work on this, then he`s in the wrong place, IMO this forum is all about learning how to do stuff, Autoit is free and people freely post code here for others to learn from and use.

My point was... others also provide free advice, yet they charge as well. AutoIt is just a language, if someone wants to pay for it, let them, I see no harm in it really... At least they admit that their time is more valuable to them in other aspects, but they need the software, and instead of having someone write it for them ... begging like others have... they openly offer money for it. I respect that a hell of a lot more than the moochers/leeches.

If I had any interest in doing it for him, I'd have gladly taken his $200.00. Then on the other hand, had he made an effort, and posted where he was to that point, I would have gladly helped him there as well. I don't see the difference really.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It all comes down to this. This forum was created and setup to help people with trying to write their own work.

No where on here does it say that this forum was created to pay people to do the work for you. The forum is for collabration and troubleshooting problems that we as developers, administrators, and IT professional are having with either trying to implement AutoIt into something we would like to incorporate it into, problems with the scripting language itself, or problems in general with our own scripts because maybe we are not knowledgeable in that particular area in the language. If someone wants to offer someone money for their work, then great! But, I know, by experience, that I get tired of seeing threads over and over again taking up space and research time because someone and their brother wants to not do the work for themselves or are to lazy to get up off their butt and hire someone full-time to write software for them.

Plus, what is the use of writing software or a script that you wrote and selling it for a measly $200 with the rights for resale by someone else that is taking credit for it but didn't even do the work. When, you could hold on to the rights of it and sell it for even more money for yourself. Just tell the person that if they want it then they either use it or pay the cost to have it "customized" the way that they would like to have it. I, myself, would keep the rights to myself and if I choose to sell at some other point in time, then so be it.

Spoiler

"...Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for." --The Mentor

"Mess with the best, die like the rest!!" -Hackers

"This above all to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare

"Corruption is only as corrupted as the individual makes it out to be." -i386

style7,AutoIt.png

No where on here does it say that this forum was created to pay people to do the work for you.

Sorry, but also it doesn't say that it is forbidden to ask for someone doing the work for money, does it?

As I remember, this posting is not the only one offering money for code.

If he simply does not want to write the code, why not asking for someone to do it... heck, you could even do the job and donate the money to Jon :P

Appearently someone did the job for the original poster, so everybody should be happy now. :whistle:

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

It all comes down to this. This forum was created and setup to help people with trying to write their own work.

Nowhere on here does it say that this forum was created to pay people to do the work for you. The forum is for collabration and troubleshooting problems that we as developers, administrators, and IT professional are having with either trying to implement AutoIt into something we would like to incorporate it into, problems with the scripting language itself, or problems in general with our own scripts because maybe we are not knowledgeable in that particular area in the language.

Well said, I support your ideas.

Look in the miror ... what do you see ?

my bid (for 1 cent): He should see a 200.000$ fool who is not able to realize that we are making fun of him....

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Moderators

wow i was gone all weekend you guys got crunked in this forum....

Guess we couldn't wait for you to get back and post that... sorry.... (Looking up "crunked")