"Ghost" Autoit3.exe

I was setting some stuff up for my site and i had to kill a process. So i opened up Task Manager and looked through the processes. I saw two "Zombie" Autoit3.exe process. I had no Autoit scripts running at the time, and heres the strange part: they were running as system services. So i closed them out, and it automaticly started back up. No matter how many times i close it, the System autoit3.exe is still sitting there.

I'm still closing out these processes, they regenerate as soon as they are killed. Is this a virus or is there something wrong with my installation?

EDIT: Hmm... looks like they've stopped for now but i still want to figure out what they were

Edited by D-Generation X

I was setting some stuff up for my site and i had to kill a process. So i opened up Task Manager and looked through the processes. I saw two "Zombie" Autoit3.exe process. I had no Autoit scripts running at the time, and heres the strange part: they were running as system services. So i closed them out, and it automaticly started back up. No matter how many times i close it, the System autoit3.exe is still sitting there.

I'm still closing out these processes, they regenerate as soon as they are killed. Is this a virus or is there something wrong with my installation?

EDIT: Hmm... looks like they've stopped for now but i still want to figure out what they were

Well, For starters, get ProcessExplorer or something similar and run it, and it will give you paths to the .exes. then try renaming/deleting one and see what happens.

If they are running as services, you should try going to run and typing "services.msc" and finding it on the list of services.

and BTW, this should probably be in chat

This has happened to me before. It's only one of SciTes glitches. Firstly, when you run a script through SciTe, and run another one while the first one is running, once those scripts exit SciTe will re-run both. The Autoit.exe kept on repeating because of that. Why was it hidden? Simply because you must have run an odd script before and Autoit.exe "froze", this has happened to me before when closing large scripts.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

• Moderators

This has happened to me before. It's only one of SciTes glitches. Firstly, when you run a script through SciTe, and run another one while the first one is running, once those scripts exit SciTe will re-run both. The Autoit.exe kept on repeating because of that. Why was it hidden? Simply because you must have run an odd script before and Autoit.exe "froze", this has happened to me before when closing large scripts.

Kurt

SciTe made them run as a service? :whistle:

Paulie suggestion is a good one, use procexp.exe as your task manager. After you have their paths, then pause one of the services (right click on the service in procexp.exe), and delete the active one, one is probably watching the other to make sure it is always running.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ok, i figured out the problem.

I run Autoit scripts from my webserver, and my Webserver runs as a service. when it calls Autoit processes, it runs them as System Services.

• Developers

This has happened to me before. It's only one of SciTes glitches. Firstly, when you run a script through SciTe, and run another one while the first one is running,

Don't believe this is correct ... it only happens when you Hit F1 that the script is ran again ....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Don't believe this is correct ... it only happens when you Hit F1 that the script is ran again ....

For me it seems to run twice if another script is already running. Not sure why this occurs.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

• Developers

For me it seems to run twice if another script is already running. Not sure why this occurs.

Kurt

When you hit F5 or Shift-F5 AUtoIt3Wrapper is shelled 2 times and AutoIt3 is ran.

SciTE doesn't allow you to Hit (Shift)F5 again at that time, but it allows you to open the Helpfile which causes the internal Jobqueue to be ran again resulting in another instance of your running program (unless you ofcourse have a _Singleton() test in it)

:whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)