Selecting Files or Folders

• Moderators

@PaulIA

I think you didn't read it ..

I think you didn't explain it well at all... like what exactly you are talking about... 1 button for what function?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

@PaulIA

I think you didn't read it ..

Oh I read it. The problem is, you didn't read the link that I provided you. You'll notice that no one has jumped to assist you and there is a reason for that. Rather than blast you for your obvious n00bish behavior, I have tried to assist you in correcting your problem (and it has nothing to do with coding, mind you). Since you seem incapable of taking a well mannered hint, I will be a bit more blunt:

1. Your request was too vague. The only possible answer to your one liner was "Yes". Almost everything is possible in AutoIt depending upon your coding skill.

2. You request did not include any code that showed you had attempted to solve the problem yourself. We have no problem helping people who are trying to learn the language and are willing to help themselves. We do have a problem with people who seem to think we exsit to write code for them.

3. Your subsequent attitude after being reprimanded will probably not cause people to flock to your aid. A simple "Oops. Here is what I'm trying to do as shown in this small code snippet below" would have been the correct answer.

4. If you think I'm being overly harsh, I'm not. Valik would have you on a spit over an open fire (probably with some onions and fresh basil) by now. If you search the forum, you'll see that I go out of my way to help new comers along.

So, if you would explain in some detail what you are trying to accomplish and provide some code that shows you have done some work yourself, I'm sure that you'll get a more positive response from the members of this forum.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

@PaulIA

i still believe you didn't read it because there is a section .. about your respond/behavior..... it will make a difference.. if you just replied .. "Sorry nobody understands what you're saying .. could you explain a bit more" but maybe .... no i'm not gonna respond in a way you were doing ..

OK .. you guys don't understand what i'm asking ..sorry for that...i thought it was pretty clear .. but i try to explain it..

It's possible to create a button and select a folder with FileSelectFolder

Example

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$Parent = GuiCreate ("Gui to select a folder", 300,140)
GUISwitch($Parent)
$Browse = GuiCtrlCreateButton ("Select" , 30,30,50,20)
$Label = GUICtrlCreateLabel ("These folders are selected", 30 , 60)
$Input = GUICtrlCreateInput ("", 30, 90,250,20)
GuiSetState ()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg ()
    If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE then
        Exit 
    EndIf
    Select
        Case $msg = $Browse
            $SelectFolder = FileSelectFolder ("Select Folder", "", 2, "")
            $Temp = GUICtrlRead ($Input)
            if $Temp = ("") then 
                GUICtrlSetData ($Input, '"'& $SelectFolder & '"') 
            Else
                GUICtrlSetData ($Input, $Temp & "," & '"' & $SelectFolder & '"') 
            EndIf
    EndSelect
Wend

The same can be done with fileopendialog for the files .. (no need for an example i believe)

But is there a way to combine those two .. so i can have one button.. which can select folders and files..

@SmOke_N the Question was "is it possible to create one button which makes it possible to select files or/and folders "

Thnx for the responds sofar

Emiel :whistle:

Edited by Emiel Wieldraaijer

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

• Moderators

I can see it being possible, but what and a pain in the rear to make, because it would be a custom GUI you would have to make.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i still believe you didn't read it because there is a section .. about your respond/behavior..... it will make a difference.. if you just replied .. "Sorry nobody understands what you're saying .. could you explain a bit more" but maybe .... no i'm not gonna respond in a way you were doing ..

Ah, to be a n00b again... :whistle:

• Moderators

The other side of the coin on my suggestion of a new GUI, is to use a combination of _PathSplit() and FileOpenDialog(), the only issue there, is IMO it's tacky, as it would force someone to pick something that they don't necessarily want, or if the directory is empty... there wouldn't be anything to choose at all.

@PaulIA

Only a real n00b call someone else a n00b.. cheers LSR

You razor wit simply overwhelms me. Do you know the "Sticks and stones" one as well?

Listen junior, contrary to what you think, you have a lot to learn. After reviewing your (brief) post history, I see where you continously post these vague questions and then get all pissy when you don't get the answer you expect. There's no fault in making a mistake, but when you do it over and over again, we get to thinking that you're some sort of mental midget.

The fact is, you are being rude by being so vague about what you want and I pointed this out to you with a reference on how to post questions properly. If you want to get all bent out of shape because someone is trying to help you out, that's your problem, not mine.

typical ' I own the world' reply :whistle:

Were you born a moron or did you have to take special classes? You've been here over two years and the sum of your contributions to this forum are the above post and a single snippet of code. If I want any crap out of you, I'll squeeze your pointy little head. Until then, keep your pie hole shut.

@PaulIA..

Again.. i believe you do not read .. because .. i never been rude to anyone .. and i try to help people .. if i can ..

and if you can't give me a normal reply .. don't reply at all .. because .. i've got no time for all this nonsense ..

Only children .. respond in that way ..

"The World is Mine" by David Guetta -> http://davidguetta.com/itunes/41986317

Edited by Emiel Wieldraaijer

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

Again.. i believe you do not read .. because .. i never been rude to anyone .. and i try to help people .. if i can ..

and if you can't give me a normal reply .. don't reply at all .. because .. i've got no time for all this nonsense ..

Go back and look at your post history. Most of the topics that you have started have the same pattern. You post one or two vague sentences and it takes other forum members two or three posts to get from you what you are trying to do. You were told a short time ago that you were being too vague about your requests, but you blew that person off too. In all the topics that you have started, only once did you ever post any code (and that was a one liner too) that showed you had done some work yourself.

Stop whimpering about being chastised, accept the fact that you might have actually learned something today and go on with life.

Were you born a moron or did you have to take special classes? You've been here over two years and the sum of your contributions to this forum are the above post and a single snippet of code. If I want any crap out of you, I'll squeeze your pointy little head. Until then, keep your pie hole shut.

Whats wrong with you someone asks for info and you are pig ignorant to them. When someone sticks up for them you are again nasty.

Do you really think i will do what you say to me? you are not that stupid are you?

what has my post count got to do with it? do you think because you have a higher post count you can be nasty to people? well you are wrong.