Question About Gui!

Hello I just started to learn Autoit v3 and I downloaded the GUI becasue I want to learn that as well. My question is how do I keep the GUI open the at all times? After I click a button it closes! I did try to put it into a FUNC [GUIShow() // GUIWaitClose()]and then after I click the button have it call that FUNC to show the GUI again... But that didnt work out so well because if I clicked the button again it would close out! So I wondering how would I keep the GUI open at all times until the user clicks the X button or Alt F4!

Thank You

• Developers

So I wondering how would I keep the GUI open at all times until the user clicks the X button or Alt F4!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out AutoItSetOption ( "option", param ) for default change..

Param:

0 = (default) button controls will close the dialog box , no notification for others.

1 = all controls will notify.

or GUISetControlNotify ( [controlref [,action]] ) to change it for one button...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

...My question is how do I keep the GUI open the at all times? After I click a button it closes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was running into the EXACT same problem! I was REALLY confused about how to make it all work, so after perusing the forum and the help file, I put together a modification of one of the help scripts:

Opt("GuiNotifyMode",1)
GuiCreate ("Test-GUI", 200, 100)
$bAbout = GuiSetControl ("button", "About", 40, 40,50); About Button    
$bExit   = GuiSetControl ("button", "Exit", 110, 40,50); Exit Button
GuiShow() ; display the dialog box  
While GuiMsg () > 0
  if GuiRead () = $bAbout then MsgBox(0,"About","This is the About Box.")
  if GuiRead () = $bExit  then exit
Wend

It displays a small GUI window with an "About" button and an "Exit" button. Clicking the "Exit" button exits the program, and clicking "About" displays a Message Box...but the GUI windows stays displayed!

Kinda shows off AutoIT's power in simplicity.

Hopefully, you can use this as a model to better understand how it works...

Visit Jim's Tips for lots of cool tips on Gmail, SageTV, PDA's, and whatever else interests me!