VMWare & AutoIT

If I install VMWare (or another windows emulating software) and get it to emulate windows XP, and I run an AutoIT script inside the emulated window, will it work properly? Will it take control of the mouse inside the emulated window and do proper pixel reads from inside the emulated window while leave my mouse alone?

I know this is more of a VMWare question than a AutoIT question, and its a little obscure, but I was wondering if anybody had tried this and if it works?

If I install VMWare (or another windows emulating software) and get it to emulate windows XP, and I run an AutoIT script inside the emulated window, will it work properly? Will it take control of the mouse inside the emulated window and do proper pixel reads from inside the emulated window while leave my mouse alone?

I know this is more of a VMWare question than a AutoIT question, and its a little obscure, but I was wondering if anybody had tried this and if it works?

I run the most of my scripts on a vmware machine and they work fine. Just tested the MouseMove() function, but this doesn't seems to work. Never used automation functions before on a VM...

• Moderators

I run the most of my scripts on a vmware machine and they work fine. Just tested the MouseMove() function, but this doesn't seems to work. Never used automation functions before on a VM...

It works, but you don't see actual mouse move. Try MouseClick, it moves the mouse, do a right click and you'll see.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.