GUI Control Styles

I read the helpfile and tried alot if things but I cannot find the correct control style.

I'm looking for a style that has:

- Title Bar

- 3 buttons (exit,minimise,maximise) removed

- icon image

- keep the size of my window correct

I cannot make the good mix to have all those things together. Can someone help me out?

GuiCreate("Title", 391, 187,-1, -1,;HERE)
GuiSetIcon(@AutoItExe, -1)
Edited by J0ker

I read the helpfile and tried alot if things but I cannot find the correct control style.

I'm looking for a style that has:

- Title Bar

- 3 buttons (exit,minimse,maximise) removed

- icon image

I cannot make the good mix to have all those things together. Can someone help me out?

GuiCreate("Title", 391, 187,-1, -1,;HERE)
oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×v+Gj÷²¢ëkçm+ºÚ"µÍÝZPÜX]J ][ÝÕ]I][ÝËÎLKN
ËLKLK  ÌÍÑ×ÓSÑSSQJBÝZTÙ]XÛÛ]]Ò]^KLJ
Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

If you add in $WS_CAPTION the window will be sized properly, but I don't know how to add an icon.

It's funny, you want to add the icon, and I wanted to remove it.

So, without intending to hijack your thread, in the case that someone figures out yours, I was wondering if anyone knows the style to create a window (not $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW style though) without the top left icon, but WITH the [x] close button. Kind of like the [start] > Run dialog but without the [?] help button.

• Moderators

Nobody can help me ? :whistle:

I have tried again all styles but I cannot find the good one

When you want to bump... don't delete the last post and just re-post the same exact post again... that's just tacky. I personally don't feel like going through and trying to understand what the hell your talking about is why I haven't answered.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well if you dont know what I'm talking about then say it. That way I can clarify my problem and maybe you will be able to help me. My problem is not complicated, I just cant find the good style for my gui. If it's impossible then say it, I will stop losing my time finding the answer.

• Moderators

Well if you dont know what I'm talking about then say it. That way I can clarify my problem and maybe you will be able to help me. My problem is not complicated, I just cant find the good style for my gui. If it's impossible then say it, I will stop losing my time finding the answer.

Well, I typically try not to post in threads I don't understand, or don't care to help in... so why would I say it?

You say you want the whole enchilada, but I'm confused on that period.

3 things, minimize, resize, exit.

icon from executable

Title

I compiled this, and got exactly that:

GuiCreate("Title", 391, 187)

GUISetState()
While GUIGetMsg() <> -3
WEnd

Of course the "restore" is disabled, because I haven't set the settings to have it re-sizable.

Try posting a working example, that shows your issue, rather than making others jump through hoops for you, you'd probably find the answer a hell of a lot faster.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Your right, I wasnt very clear.

I want a style with:

3 things, minimize, resize, exit. REMOVED ( A plain title bar without those 3 buttons)

icon from executable

Title

In short I want a title + icon from executable ONLY!

I tried all styles from the helpfile and no one fitted my need.

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GuiCreate("Title", 391, 187,-1, -1)

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else

EndSelect
WEnd
Exit
Edited by J0ker

• Moderators

Well, for the life of me, trying GUIRegisterMsg()/_SendMessage()/Playing with WM_SETICON, etc... I couldn't get the damn thing right... The best I could do was disable the close button

;Global Const $WM_SETICON = 0x80
#include <GuiConstants.au3>
;#include <Misc.au3>

$gui = GuiCreate("Title", 391, 187,-1, -1, BitOR($WS_SYSMENU, $WS_CAPTION))
_GUIDisableClose($gui)
GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else

EndSelect
WEnd

Func _GUIDisableClose($hWnd)
    Local $hU32DLL = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'GetSystemMenu', 'hwnd', $hWnd, 'int', 0)
    DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'RemoveMenu', 'hwnd', $hU32DLL[0], 'int', 0xF060, 'int', 0x00000001)
    DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'DrawMenuBar', 'hwnd', $hWnd)
    Return
EndFunc

• Moderators

So in short, there's no way to keep the icon's image and remove the three buttons at all?

Well, I don't believe that for 1 second... I'm just saying I couldn't find a way personally.

Edit:

I mean I couldn't find a way to do it and keep the icon.

Edited by SmOke_N

• Moderators

How about for my problem Smoke? :whistle:

No program icon in titlebar, just the [x] (like the Run dialog without a [?]).

I was asked this question last year I think... I don't think I ever figured it out to be honest Saunder... sorry man.