Excel VLOOKUP function

Hello. I've got a variable from my autoit script (let's call it $age). Is it possible to use $age and Excel's VLOOKUP funtion to find a 2nd value in an Excel spreadsheet, and then save that 2nd value as another variable ($rate)?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by socceraddict

You could definitely do that. Since it's just an Excel formula function, assign the formula to the cell, calculate, then read it's value.

If you're unsure how to do these things with AutoIt, hit the link in my signature for my collection of functions, or look up Randallc's ExcelCOM function collection.

In my collection, there is a function that will do a search which will return all cells in the range that contain the search phrase.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]